I can't believe this!!

poppy160

Reaction score
My right nipple has got thrush, which I must have caught from Ella. It's been unbearably sore since Tuesday night, Ella wouldn't feed from it for long, so I've been using my left to feed since then. Yesterday I noticed a white crust on it and some discharge so spoke to my HV and got some anti b's.
How am I going to keep the supply going if it's too sore to feed? Tried expressing with hand and pump..still too sore. It doesn't get big and full like the left anymore either..it's just soft. Argh :wall: :wall: Sorry for the rant, just so annoyed at myself.

I had exactly this problem, I had thrush in both but my right was much worse and ended up cracked and bleeding when I tried to feed through the pain. I ended up feeding mostly from my left and hand expressed from my right twice just to top it up. Once I started using daktarin on both of us it started to feel much better and I was able to feed again with no pain on the second day of treating it, and luckily haven't had any problems since.

I don't have anything useful to say, but have these :hug: I hope it clears up soon and you can get the supply back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back