I can't believe this has happened to me..... :(

hanti-boo

Reaction score
Not so long ago someone put up a thread about a very stupid girl at Sainsbury's. Well i now want to praise the loverly ladies at my ASDA.

I plucked up the courage today to get dressed (spent the last 3 days in my jammies cos i was comfy!) and venture out the house with Nichola and Jake. We walked over to ASDA and instead of checking my bank balance before going in like i normally do i just went in.

We had fun choosing out fruit, biscuits and some bits for a 'treat tea'. Now, the fun began when I got to the till, I guessed it would all come to about £18 and sure enough when it was rang through it came to just under that. Well I whipped out the bank card, put my pin in, then it came up *card declined - alternate tender required* so I thought i'd try the credit card knowing full well it probably wouldn't work, which it didn't. I asked if i could go check at the bank machine whats going on only to find that I have zero cash in the account (joys of direct debits eh?). So I went back to the till, which had now been closed down to help sort it all out, and burst into tears while tryinG to explain that I'd have to put it all back as all the money I had was £4.10. The supervisor explained that she could see I'm heavily pregnant and to sit down while I calm down, I didn't cos I could just see everyone now staring at me. :oops: I started to unpack all the shopping out of the trolley and started to tally up what i could pay for when the supervisor said "I know it's not a lot, but what we'll do is let you take the shopping on us."

I couldn't believe it.

I initially declined but then she said "Look I can see that what you've got is for the kids and everyday stuff like milk, we'll pay for it." :shock: :shock:

I can't even remember her name and the checkout girl was so nice to me too. She was talking and playing games with the kids while I got myself together.

I'm gonna try scoping on the store next time I'm there to see if they are in and thank them, I would have done it today but my back has started to seize up from all the walking.

I just thought i'd share my (rather embarrassing) experience with you all and restore the faith we should all have that there are 'normal' and 'decent' people working in supermarkets these days. :angel: :angel:

Aww that's soooo sweet of them!!! How nice! I would write a letter if I were you, they will probably be able to tell what staff were on duty, and say you hope they are looked after as emploYees as well as they looked after you.

Thats so nice to hear :hug:

Aww bless. They never did that with me when i was huge! That's so nice of them!

HideiLu said:
Aww that's soooo sweet of them!!! How nice! I would write a letter if I were you, they will probably be able to tell what staff were on duty, and say you hope they are looked after as emploYees as well as they looked after you.

I'm doing that right now, well trying to! :lol:

Even the girl at the fish counter put an extra thai butter portion in my cook in the bag fish - she said it'd help things along!!

They were just so nice I can't really find the words to say Thank You properly.

Aww that is SOOOO lovely. i nearly cried at that. Nice to know some companies know the meaning of the term customer service!!!

I might try that :think:

LOL no, seriously though, that was so lovely of them... Be careful if you write a letter because she might get reprimanded for letting you have it for free if her manager gets wind of it. I'd probably ask an assistant next time what her name was, maybe describe her etc and ask to speak to her directly to thank her for her kindness!

Bless her :hug: xx

Thats so nice, i always thought of the big supermarkets as being greedy.
But i wont be thinking that about Asda now, such lovely, kind people. :hug:

Awww, that is lovely but I'd be inclined to agree with Dannii- I'm not sure what supermarket policies are and you don;t want to get anyone in trouble!

HideiLu said:

That was decent of them. They would love that if you wrote a letter. My relative works for Asda and customer care is a big thing.

That is so lovely! I nearly cried when I read that! Awwwwww x

Awww that is lovely! Now I doubt you'd get that at tesco!! hee hee

Aw, that's so lovely, I cried! What is wrong with us? lol

How lovely of them....that bought a tear to my eye

it's nice to know there are at least a few decent people left in the world

:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads