I cannot cope with this heartburn anymore

xx emma xx

Reaction score
This is horrendous! I have it 24/7, I can't sleep at night because of it, was up all lastnight and when I tried to have a nap there, guess what, more bloody heartburn.
I think out of all my symptoms this is the worst, even worse than having spd and can't bloody walk properly.
Gaviscon doesn't work, rennies don't work. I drink about a gallon of milk per day. Aaaaahh its driving me crazy.
I'm sorry for the angry rant, I am ready to go mad! X

Try anacids hun sainsburys do them they were only thing to work for me x x

Have you tried Rennie Ice? Someone recommended them on here and they're the only thing that works for me, they taste lovely too x

All of the over the counter stuff lost it's affect after a few days and I had it day and night. I got a prescription for the doc in the end (cant remember the name but my thread is in here). They have been a God send and don't know what I'd have done without them. It's deffo worth asking Hun xxx

I've tried antacids too and they don't work. Think I'll go to doc and see if there is anything more I can get. I did ask my mw but she was useless.

I spoke to soon about it being worse than spd, got up from my lie down and there's 2 steps in my hall to get to the bathroom and I almost fell down them with the pain of trying to walk cos everything seized up when I was lying down.
I am not in a good mood haha xx

Last two days I have had no heartburn I went to docs and said I couldn't cope no more, he prescribed ranitidine. you take one tablet, middle of evening and thats it, so wish i had them earlier

Last edited:
Defo need to get either what you got lex or what you got rosa. I haven't ate tonight cos i know I'll be up all night. Surely the doc will help. Will phone them Monday xx

I have no advice to offer hun but I feel your pain!! xxx

Deffo get to the doctor! They're happy to give you Ranitidine which are a LOT better than awful Gaviscon x

You can actually buy ranitidine from tesco's but it does say on it to consult your doctor before taking, but as they happy to prescribe it, it may be worth getting tomorrow to save you waiting til monday x

I use Bisodol. You buy them quite cheap. I think i bought a pack of 100 for £2 from tesco? Do check with the doctor before taking. I asked tesco pharmacy if were ok and they said they were fine (i was 6 weeks pregnant) it was after i took 2 for indigestion that i noticed on the leaflet that i had to check with a doctor if i was pregnant...oops! Was ok though and its the ONLY thing that works for me!

You can actually buy ranitidine from tesco's but it does say on it to consult your doctor before taking, but as they happy to prescribe it, it may be worth getting tomorrow to save you waiting til monday x

Oh really. Yeah might take a trip there tomorrow and get them until I see doc. I won't tell the doc I have already been taking it though. I've not got anything wrong health wise which would stop them prescribing it anyway.
Thanks for all your replies girls. I'm lying in bed wide awake with heartburn again! Xx

Hi i had it so bad in my first tri that i was crying with the pain i couldn't sleep couldn't lay down or sit up i was rocking in pain and for some strange reason the top of my arms really hurt with it to the point i lost the feeling in them. i phoned the doctor and told him i couldn't take it any more and i could drink a whole bottle of gaviscon which had no effect he prescribed a tablet called Omeprazole at 10mg it is safe to take in pregnancy.

Mine eased off in tri two but then came back really bad in tri two so phoned the doctor again and got another prescription this time at 20mg it really helps me

the other thing i found that helped to ease it a little was eating and ice lolly not sucking it biting bits off crushing it with my teeth so it was like a slush puppy and swallowing it gives me a little relief

Hope you get something to help soon Hun xx

That's the one!!! The one Aisling took! I didn't think anything was gonna work til I took this! Now I can eat what I want, even if it's late at night! It's made such a difference to my pregnancy cos it was really getting to me as dramatic as that sounds xxx

That's the one!!! The one Aisling took! I didn't think anything was gonna work til I took this! Now I can eat what I want, even if it's late at night! It's made such a difference to my pregnancy cos it was really getting to me as dramatic as that sounds xxx

Doesn't sound dramatic. I was being a drama queen lastnight at 1am and sat in bed crying with frustration cos I couldn't sleep. Eventually got to sleep after 3am :( Trip to tesco today then ill try see a doctor this week and hopefully that will be me sorted xx

I can sympathise hun, my Midwife told me to lie on my left, said lying on back or right side makes it worse, also said to prop myself up in bed so the acid cant travel up as far. Hope you sort something x

My oh went to shop and got me ranitidine, fingers crossed ladies :) The real test will be tonight xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back