I can still lie on my stomach - is this normal?

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I went to bed last night and suddenly realised I can still lie comfortably on my stomach. I am 12 weeks pregnant. Is this normal at this stage. Convinced there is nothing in there even though I have had raging symptoms and loads of positives!!!!!!

Julia xxx

I still lie on my belly too!
I think I was about 4 months before I couldnt (though I had to bring my knee up to kinda lift the weight off my belly though!

If you stand up, just feel above your pubic bone! You might be able to feel you womb! I realised I could feel mine today! lol :D Then you can stop worrying as there IS something there!! :D:D:D

I could still lay on my belly till i was nearly 20 weeks with all mine :D

Thanks girls,

I have got my scan on Monday and as I am getting closer I am getting more nervous - (I have no reason to be). I just can't feel a bulge when I lie down on my tummy!! Just had a good poke above my pubic bone as suggested and it feels hard - I suppose this is what it should feel like!?!

I know I should have bought a dopler but there is no point now cos my scan is two days away. I will be soooooooo relieved when I see my little miracle!!!!! It is like sitting an exam!!!!!

Julia xxxxx

I still sleep on my stomach at mo, i only have a little bump!! Oo you have your scan on Monday, dont worry im sure everything will be fine i was really nervous before my scan as well but once your looking at your LO on the screen at the scan you wont want to leave!! :D x

Hi Julia,

I have my scan on monday too and am really scared. I can still sleep on my stomach and really dont have an amazing bulge. looks more like bloating really. Im sure everything is fine!

Claire x

I used to lie on my stomach at 12 weeks. In fact I used to be sick in a bowl by the side of the bed while lying on my stomach...TMI!!! :lol:

I can still lie on my front, not that I do very often as I'm more a side/back sleeper. I don't really have a tummy to speak of - unless you count my already chubby tummy ;)

I sleep on my front and sometimes I feel her and sometimes I cant thats at 22 weeks! I couldnt feel anything at 12 :) sleep in whatever way is comfy if your LO doesnt like it you will know abouts it hehe they have a wonderfull way of being able to make you move to where they are comfy.

Thanks for your support and reassuring posts!

I don't feel so worried now...but still can't wait for scan on Monday. If there is anytime I need a drink it is whilst I am pregnant!!!!! Would never do it though!!

Julia xxxx

Im always laying on my stomach, still comfy as ever, sure i wont be bale to forever but for now :)

Julia said:
Hi Girls,

I went to bed last night and suddenly realised I can still lie comfortably on my stomach. I am 12 weeks pregnant. Is this normal at this stage. Convinced there is nothing in there even though I have had raging symptoms and loads of positives!!!!!!

Julia xxx

i was still laying on my tummy at 12 weeks. baby is really well protected. Soon you'll not be abl to as it will feel too uncomfortable.

I can't lay on my stomach now as it wakes me up because of the pressure on my back (plus I think I'd roll over anyway lol can't balance on my bump!). You might find you "pop" all of a sudden and get a bump which you can't lay on your stomach with lol so make the most of it :dance: especially if you're a tummy sleeper which I am!!

Good luck to both you and Nori for your scans tomorrow. I'm sure all will be fine and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing your pics :D xx

Thanks!

Really excited but have built up my defences ready just in case there is a problem....should be fine though :?

Julia xxx

Make the most of it, I'd love to still lie on my belly. I did so up until 20ish weeks then I used to crook my knee up and put a pillow there and still managed to kind of be on my front. Now I get kicked and punched if I even atempt to do this :lol:

Good luck with your scan :D

Alex xxx

I cant get to sleep unless Im on my belly....so Im making the most of it. How on earth Im gonna be able to sleep when Im too big to do this I dont know!! :roll:

Thanks for your reply!

Just been sunbathing on my stomach and it feels like there is nothing inside... I will have to see tomorrow....

Love,

Julia xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back