I am a new member who needs advice!!!!!!!!!! please

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mandi, Apr 14, 2005.

1. mandi

mandi New Member

my name is mandi I am 21 and 40 weeks pregnant. want to know if there is any thing i can do that any one can suggest to induce loabor my baby is in my ribs i cant breath my back is killing me and I want to see her. I have a doctors apointment in the morning do you think they will induce

help me please uncofortable and ready to pop!!!!

2. BubbleOne

BubbleOne Well-Known Member

Hi Mandi,
    I know people who ate Pineapple and apparantly it worked!! Spicy foods are also supposed to help you along. Also being upright is probably better that laying down but that may be impossible at your stage?!! Sitting on and bouncing (gently of course!!) on one of those birthing balls is also meant to be good for bringing on labour.

I'm only 7wks pregnant so have a lot to learn yet!!

3. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

The things I've heard may just be old wives tales but then they may be worth trying.

Sex - I know a couple of people who have said that sex has brought on contractions.
    Spicey Food - Not sure about this..
    Brisk Walk - If you can manage it, my sister-in-law says it helped bring on her labour