• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I always said I'd never do that......

BabyBrain

Reaction score
I've just licked my finger to rub a bit of dried infacol off Albert's face :shock:. After an entire childhood being covered in my nan's spit and bits of tissue, and being alot sticker afterwards than before she did it, I always said I would never do that to my own child!

What have you done that you always said you wouldn't? xxxxxxxx

Give him a dummy :)

It has truly been the best thing ever .....

Always said I would not be a mummy who gave a dummy... Resisted for three months, then saw the light! The dummy has restored my sanity! :)

Same as you BB. She had got bits of glitter on her from baby group yesterday and the would not wipe off. Before I knew it my finger was in my mouth and then helping it on its way!

On tapatalk so can't see tickers :-(
Excuse the typos, phone has mind of its own.

Ha ha I nearly wrote this yesterday.
I wet a bit of his Muslin and wiped his chops where they were all sticky from gripe water!!

The times when I used to have to drive my big boy to the childminder at 7am for work. I'd pull up, look at him and his jumper's on backwards and he's got odd shoes on. I'm not talking 2 different black shoes I'm talking one shoe one trainer :shock:

Always said I'd be an organised mummy with well polished kids but a busy life soon puts an end to that

Last edited:
I said id never let my son sleep in his pushchair at home but with two young kids its easier said than done

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2

I always said I would never let him sleep in bed with us, but i've soon realised that at five in the morning when you've had no sleep you really will do anything for just a few hours sleep.

I thought I knew everything and would have the perfect child lol.... Wrong! I said I would never use a dummy. Then I was desperate to find any way to settle her and she refuses a dummy! I said I would always put her down for naps and be loud during naps. I wore her for all naps until she was 13 weeks old, and if anyone makes any noise while she naps, they better watch out! I said I would never let her stay asleep in her carseat if she fell asleep on a short drive. I will never wake her up if I don't need to.

Dummy. I said I hate the way a baby looked with one as if they are trying to shut the baby up. But she loves it.

Lol honestly for some reason I never said I won't do this or that till she was born sorta thing. I just kept a really open mind about everything. The only thing I really really wasn't keen on was BLW and now we do half and half I think that's the only thing lol xx

I always said I would never let him sleep in bed with us, but i've soon realised that at five in the morning when you've had no sleep you really will do anything for just a few hours sleep.

Same x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That I would move him into his own room at 6 months, well he's 5 months now and I really dont think I will be able to do it......

I said I'd never give DS a dummy but he ended up with one and Husband said 'there's no way we're co-sleeping' I said 'we'll see' and we co-slept until he was 9 months old!
The one thing I stuck to rigidly was when we said we'd never ever tw (unless advised by a paediatrician) and we didn't!

I said i would never have an epidural, it was the first thing they offered me!
I said i would never Formula Feed, but then having Mastitis wasn't on my list of things to experience!
I said i would never use a Dummy and find other things to distract him with, yet he's settles beautifully with it.
I said i would rather curl in horror than walk out of the house smelling of sick.. Now, i don't even notice my shoulders covered in the stuff until half way round Tescos!!
I said i would never influence him too much, yet i boil up everytime i see that my mother has given him a doll to play with!!!... HE'S A BOY!!..
ohh, I haven't spat on anything to wipe off yet, but there's still time. I use the muslin cloth!

I could go on.........................

Whats bad about spitting and wiping? It just seems very maternal to me?

I hated the spit wipe!!!! I use baby wipes lol I said he wouldn't have a dummy as Thomas didn't however they are two completely different babies!!!!! James needs one he has one and he loves it also helps with his reflux he comes in with me about 5ish but we did that with Thomas as well you do what helps your sanity.......this morning he woke at 5 came in with us slept til 7.30 had breakfast he dropped off again at 8.30 and so did we and didn't get up or wake up until 10.30 we had been out last night and got in bed at 2.30!!! Thomas stayed at grandmas was bliss all snuggled together in bed

xxx

Oh god, i've done loads that I said I wouldn't do.....

-Bottle feeding
-Dummy
-Shouting at LO in public (older LO)

My mind's went blank now

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members