Hypothyroidism

Lulabell

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I had my baby boy in jan, but have recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I was wondering if anyone else suffers with this and what effect it will have when it comes to ttc baby number two? I've been prescribed Levothyroxine. Any help/advice/experiences are greatly appreciated.xx

Just for anyone else who suffers Hypothyroidism...I got my answer today.

Having Hypothyroidism can class you in a high risk bracket in pregnancy but you would still be cared for by the community midwife. When you book with your midwife, she will refer you to a Consultant Obstetrician at the hospital for a discussion about your treatment and if the doses of your medication need to be adjusted in pregnancy. Your thyroxin levels will also be monitored in pregnancy as pregnancy can effect these levels.

It is advise that if you are thinking about a future pregnancy then your levels need to be checked to get a baseline and it may be that your dose of treatment needs to be adjusted pre conception. Recent guidelines from the Endocrine Society have suggested that the Thyroid stimulating hormone should be 2.5 before pregnancy. I would advise that you discuss this with the GP or get a referral thorough the GP to have some pre conception counselling with the Consultant Obstetrician so that you can be actively managed before you become pregnant.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e

Hi Lulabell!

Ive came across ur thread by accident here, im usually prowling the ttc forum as im actively trying. I put up a thread couple months ago wiv same concern but got no replys :(

Ive hypothyrodism and on levothyroxine too. Im ttc baby no. 1 so this is all new to me, found v little info about hypo and pregnancy. So tnx for posting this info!! So according to that, i should be speaking to my gp first? Supposed i was expecting to be told to come bk when preggers instead

Have u consulted ur gp? let me know how u get on x

Basically before TTC it is advised to make sure your meds are at right levels etc. They may want to talk through it with you as they will most likely need to adjust meds through pregnancy. We are not actively TTC yet but a month or so before starting I will speak to gp and get blood test done. Right now I'm just trying to get right level of meds. Just been upped from 50 to 75micrograms. Good luck hun.xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e

what were your symptoms again lulabell, before you were diagnosed? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back