Any one with Hypothyroidism?

marge

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

I've posted in the main TTC forum but was pointed in this direction to post, but I feel like a bit of a fraud.

I've just been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and looking into this more and from what other people from FF and the main TTC cycle have said this can cause fertility issues. The reason I feel like a fraud is because I'm not suffering with PCOS or similar so this diagnosis maybe isnt such an issue in the great scheme of things?

I just wondered if anyone else suffers with it and how it has affected their TTC journey. I'm feeling quite :( after everything I've read and just wondering if a BFP will ever happen!

Thanks
Marge

Hello Marge

Sorry to hear about your prob, but I've been taking thyroxine for about 6 months and I feel an awful lot better!

I'm about to have IUI (providing the clomid does what it says on the tin), and my primary problem is PCOS, but the fertility doctors did say that getting the thyroid tests in the right range make a difference to the likelihood of conception. The endocrinologist said more or less the same thing, that it has to be right to make conception likely. I haven't looked into in any more detail than that, but I don't think it's an absolute barrier to having a baby, so don't be too downhearted.

Take care, Linda

hi marge

ive been on thyroxine for over a yr now, feel loads better, my OH and i were at fertlity clinic a cpl of wks ago and asked about if it would affect our fertility, the sister said as long as its under control we will be fine she took a blood test for my thyroid coz ive not been tested for a few months, we will get the results back this wk hopefully, we dont have any other issues apart from whats perceived in the fertility world as an issue and thats my age (38) ttc for 10mths which she said wasnt really that long, we will get OH sperm count back this wk too :pray: hope that helps x

dont know what happened when i pressed the number eight lol, sorry it was meant to be age thirty-eight x

Heya, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in april, been trying to conceive since sept 07. This month has been the first month I've had a 28 day cycle in my life! I feel so much better for being on thyroxine, since december I have had periods that last a month and then for 4 months i had no period! So being on my meds make it so much easier to concieve lol! :D

One thing, don't read all the stories about not being able to conceive with hypo, it just depresses you, think positive thoughts! Oh and my doctor told me one of her patients tried for 10 years ( ttc) and then got diagnosed with hypo and concieved 6 months later! see positive thoughts lol!
xx

i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 21 years ago, when my eldest daughter was just 4 months old. Since then my journey of tcc has been a hard and long one but each of us are different. I concieved my son after 2 years of fertility treatment which they said was down to my hypothyroid condition. I basically stopped ovulating so neede some assistance to kick start my ovaries again. Once i concieved him and his twin with the help of clomid i was happy untill i lost his twin in an ectopic pregnancy, this was an issue with clomid. I went on to have a healthy som. Since then i have had 7 more pregnancies resulting in 2 more daughters. So my journey has been a long hard one. Since i have been with my new husband after loosing my first husband to cancer i have been trying to concieve but without much luck. I know that my age is against (39) me now but that does not stop me from ttc and wanting another baby

I have Hypothyroidism and was being looked at for the last 2 years and told i didnt have it, although i no i did because of the blood test results! However it wasn't confirmed and given trestment until i was pregnant with Calum my only child.
Dont know if this had any part in the time it took us to conceive and but just wanted to show you that you can conceive with it :cheer:

hi there

i have hyperthyroidism and been married for 2 years.. i was on medication last time but quitted due to some personal reason..i took spirulina last time and it did helps a lot..but the problem is im still not pregnant until now...does the thyroxine affect my chances of pregnancy??

Hi Marge I am new here been mostly on ttc forum but just having look around and you pinged out I will use under and over as terms so no confusion as hypo and hyper very diff! Ok my story, overactive for about 5yrs, on and off carbimizol didnt work and had what dr called toxic storm in 2006 hosp stay all sorts not nice. Dr suggested radioactive idine to kill thyroid which it did and went underactive as told I would do now on 125 thyroxine and bloods been stable since early 08 been ttc since jan 07, had to wait for 6 months after iodine before we could start.

Anyway no sign of preg, in early 08 had ovulation blood tests all ok, hubby had sperm test 1 no good 1 perfect ?
Decided if nothing after xmas back to dr, didnt write last af date but due i think between tomo and thurs been having good symptoms since late last week excited but have been spotting so realistic but hopeful waiting and testing.

Hope all that made sense to you dr told me thyroxine ok for ttc as synthetic form of what the body would normally produce, may take little while to get you on right dose and your bloods to settle but you will feel better when that happens I did/do.

Dont know if this helps but lots of luck your way x x

Hi,

I am 21 and have recently been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. I started taking Levothyroxine in June, and have recently started noticing a difference. We have been ttc'ing for 2.5 long years without success, but are also dealing with a bicornuate uterus (heart shaped) as well.

Hope you start to see success as well -hugs-

Last edited:
I was diagnosed hypo 2.5 years ago when I was 27. Once I started to take thyroxine I felt alot better. I have since had 2 healthy, full term baby boys.

I used FF to chart my cycle a couple of years ago, i'll see if I can get a link to show you it.

So there you are ladies, a little success story ;) once your all preggo you will probably have consultant led care and milions of scans and blood tests like I did but it's all good xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back