hypocrite??

mumsy4

Reaction score
So I've always gone out of my way to avoid names that other people, that I know of, have used. But since getting older and more of my friends are bbecoming parents, name choosing is becoming particularly hard!! I find that because I have Facebook, people who wouldn't normally be in my life or people I would normally interact with, are constantly on my news feed. It's always been my pet hate when someone nicks my name,so here's my dilemma... for a girl I have chosen my name but my mum's best friend who is also on my Facebook has a daughter with a same name. Normally I wouldn't have much interaction with her, but because of Facebook I do.
So what do I do, go against what I've said and do something I've always hated or just name my baby what feels right regardless ??

If you don't have much to do with this person in real life then I don't see a problem using the same name?

xxxxxxx

I understand why ur thinking twice but honestly if i had my heart set on a name i would use it regardless. who says in 2 years time ur still going to have any contact with her.

If very close friends or relatives had the same name I'd reconsider the name I'd picked but not for friends of friends or in this case friends of relatives. At the end of the day are your baby and this other child going to interact much or see each other regularly? X

Same here - unless they were a close friend or family member then I would stick with your chosen name, especially if the children aren't going to have much to do with each other in real life :)

Normally, I'd say just use whichever name you want to, but in this situation what I'd be thinking of is the association of the name to your mother.

Your mother probably has a lot of interaction with her best friends daughter and then to have a grand daughter with the same name...

Maybe not a big deal, but I want my kids to be distinguished as an individual to their immediate family xx

to be honest you are going to very hard pushed to find a name that NO-ONE has unless you invent it yourself lol, esp with more and more people using the internet nowadays. Go with it. She's not a close friend of yours, you dont see her everyday and she isnt family x

I say if your heart is set on it you should go for it. I don't understand this thing nowadays where everyone has to be totally unique. I have quite a common name for someone born in the 70s and know loads of people with the same name as me and I actually quite like that. I'm sure your mum understands that more than one person is allowed to use the same name and will love your baby even if you named her Moon Unit or something :) x

Ps, you can hide other peoples news feeds on fb, I've done it and it has made my life a lot simpler :wink:

Go with the name you love! Chances are there will always be someone with the same name. Xx

Thanks for your response guys, no if it wasn't for Facebook I literally wouldn't have a clue about her daughters name, I wouldn't even know she was born. It is purely Facebook. My mum isn't very... maternal, she only see's me and the kids once a year, very rarely twice so It doesn't matter if she associates the name with someone else really. I just can't help the fact I feel like I'm "copying" even though I just genuinely love the name. And it goes against what I've always thought and done and hate.

I really wouldn't worry about it hun, if you won't see her or her kid in 'real life' (ifykwim) use the name you've got your heart set on x

I wouldn't worry. Once your lo is called a certain name your mother is most likely to associate the name with them so it doesn't really matter. Esp as you don't know them xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ooh and what's the name? X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I've always gone out of my way to avoid names that other people, that I know of, have used. But since getting older and more of my friends are bbecoming parents, name choosing is becoming particularly hard!! I find that because I have Facebook, people who wouldn't normally be in my life or people I would normally interact with, are constantly on my news feed. It's always been my pet hate when someone nicks my name,so here's my dilemma... for a girl I have chosen my name but my mum's best friend who is also on my Facebook has a daughter with a same name. Normally I wouldn't have much interaction with her, but because of Facebook I do.
So what do I do, go against what I've said and do something I've always hated or just name my baby what feels right regardless ??

Just go with the name that feels right, my girl name is stuck in my head and ive not changed it once, if i had to for some reason id really struggle because my hearts set on it

I'd just go with the name I like regardless xx

yes, whats the name! Lol x
(never fear im having a boy! lol)

Well I don't like discussing names really because someone always has a negative input lol. The name in question here is Ava.
We're torn between Isla Rose or Ava Rose :)

I love Isla but OH isn't keen.... So it's not on our list :shock:

Ava is pretty too!

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish