No Idea!

nikkie88

Reaction score
I've become rather drained with the amount of people asking about names.

Am i the only one who doesn't have one and has decided to name it once it arrives?

I've swung back and forth on a handful of names but keep changing my mind & come to the conclusion i should shee what it looks like and a name will come to mind,
otherwise it's just going to be called Belly Bean the rest of it's days! lol..

Do i need to get a grip and pick a name or are there other people in this same predicament?

Not in the same situation I'm afraid - we've had ours picked out for ages as they're the only ones we can agree on! We are going to decide which way around we have the boys name though if it's a boy when he arrives - Ridley Greyson, or Greyson Ridley.

I wouldn't say you need to get a grip - I'm sure the right name will come to you when he/she arrives.

I had no names at all whilst expecting DD and it wasn't until she was 4 hours old that a name came to me and it just suited her perfectly! I don't think it matters if you have any names, a selection or a definite.

Oh it is such a hard deision, dont think we will fully comit to one till we see her

they do give quire a bit of time to register the name though so you do have time to think when u see lo, not like u need to pick there and then :)

what ideas have u had so far

im also finding it soo hard, ive got 2 names so far x

I have been looking through names and it's such a mind field. Have a few in mind but nothing definite yet. After scan yesterday though we know we only need to pick boys names. Have the job originally thought :)

I've got one in my head, but am starting to doubt it a wee bit now. But I have loads of friends who've said their kids didn't have names till right up to the deadline. Xxx

I don't think you should worry because I know a few people that had choosen a name and then when they gave birth there baby didn't suit that name. I have only got 1 name just now and that is only because we can't agree on anything else x

Don't worry you have time before march to choose. I myself would worhry if I didn't have a name, but because I would want to name them imediatly they came out and bond etc , and announce to the world straight away. But if you narrow it down, baby will just let you know which when you look at them after birth so either way good. Test out your short list, and call bump that name all the time for a week, and by the next week you will know if the one or not

I always like to have a girls name and boys namechozen fork definate even when I know which gender I'm having as the child will always want to know what they would be called if they were a girl/boys etc? mine love there other names

Last edited:
Nope we have had no ideas this time round!!!i think it will prob take us ages to decide!two of y friends had two names for each sex and when the babies were born they ended up giving them a completely different name to any they had suggested!!

it took me and my OH months to agree on a name. i didnt like his suggestions, he didnt like mine etc etc. now we have decided on two and will wait until her is born to decided which one to go for.

Lol, i think im in a good position as i don't have OH to argue with about names otherwise it rly would be nameless, and when people decide when it comes out, it's nicer because you get to see the baby and if it suits it, by then Men are generally usually so over the moon about becoming a dad that you could suggest "Eugene Froggart" and they'd say yes out of being in pure love with the baby!

I have a few names:
Boy: Keyaan (said Kian), Rhyley (Riley)
Girl: Keira, Breeanah or Elissa.

I just don't think any of them would suit, names i did have i said them thorughout the day and couldn't imagine repeating myself...

We shall see!

Don't worry Nikkie - we have two names but literally 50/50 between them so we're waiting. Luckily it's traditional for us not to tell anyone until the baby is born so we've gotten out of awkward situations that way! But just take your time and the right one will come to you.

We didn't name our LO until she was two days old. We had a handful of potential names for girls and only one for a boy. We wanted to see what she looked like and play around with the names whilst in hospital. Annie made sense for us as it is a family name as is her middle name Florence :love:
Don't worry about it! The secret and the not knowing the sex is all part of the excitement. Maybe pretend that you have your names picked but it's a secret and they'll simply have to wait!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back