Hypnobirthing

LittleMe

Reaction score
Does anyone know much about it? I saw something about it on the baby channel months ago, and have decided to give it a go. I've ordered a hypnobirthing book and CD from amazon so was keen to know if anyone has tried it before?

My thinking behind it was I want a water birth, and preferably no pain relief at all, so the calmer and more relaxed I am, the better! x

I think i saw the same thing! Did it show a women in hospital too, being really quiet as she had her contractions??

I bought the CD from that expert - it was called Natal Hypnotherapy: Preparation For Birth. It's on the natalhypnotherapy.co.uk website. I've been listening to it a couple of times a week, and starting to try it every day. It's very simple relaxtion and it actually really nice to listen to. I wasn't sure if it was working or not, but after starting my NCT classes last week, i realised how much more positive and fearless i am about the birth compared to the other women i met. It really seems to have changed my perception of labour.

I also bought the Hypnobirth book (think the woman's name is Modgen??) which is quite interesting to read too. Same sort of principle.

I was all up for an epidural, but am now hoping for a waterbirth. I figure the hypnotherapy has to help in some way, even if it just helps me be more positive and relaxed throughout, and i end up screaming for pain relief!!!

I think i saw the same thing! Did it show a women in hospital too, being really quiet as she had her contractions??

I bought the CD from that expert - it was called Natal Hypnotherapy: Preparation For Birth. It's on the natalhypnotherapy.co.uk website. I've been listening to it a couple of times a week, and starting to try it every day. It's very simple relaxtion and it actually really nice to listen to. I wasn't sure if it was working or not, but after starting my NCT classes last week, i realised how much more positive and fearless i am about the birth compared to the other women i met. It really seems to have changed my perception of labour.

I also bought the Hypnobirth book (think the woman's name is Modgen??) which is quite interesting to read too. Same sort of principle.

I was all up for an epidural, but am now hoping for a waterbirth. I figure the hypnotherapy has to help in some way, even if it just helps me be more positive and relaxed throughout, and i end up screaming for pain relief!!!

sorry! My computer seems to have gone mental!!

KateQPR said:

Yeah that's the same as me!

It looks really good. The one I've bought is by the same woman (Mongan?) but still waiting for it to arrive. I hope it helps - I'm not very good with pain! :lol: x

I've bought the hypnobirthing book and cd from ebay (The Mongan Method) and have been reading and listening to it for a couple of weeks. After having an induction and epidural for my first child, and then I used positive thinking, sports psychology techniques, sitting in the bath and gas & air for my second, I've realised that the way you picture something happening, and the state of your mind can really change the way things happen. I'm fully aware that all sorts of things can happen in labour, and all sorts of things can affect your ability to cope (did the labour start in the middle of the night when you've had little sleep, or do you feel fully rested and feel strong etc), but I think it's great to have a few techniques and ways of thinking that can keep you calm, strong and trusting your body. I'm fully prepared for the unexpected in labour this time, but my ideal would be a calm water birth in hospital, with only gas and air for pain relief. If I end up in theatre with a c section, then I'm going to use my mind to remain calm at all costs.

The book's good and the cd really helps me relax (once I'd got over the lady's breathy American accent and the way she calls my massive belly a "chalice"!).

I'd be really interested to hear if anyone's used hypnobirthing, or similar relaxation techniques in labour, and how it went. Let me know girlies when you receive your book, and if you use it in labour.

xxxx

i used hypnobirthing, i dont know if it helped or not but i had a 2 and half hour active labour with just gas and air, Levi was just under 10lb but it still hurt like hell. Did hypnobirthing help or was it just like this as ive had so many now :think:

A couple of weeks back I bought the Natal Hypnotherapy CD that Kate mentioned. Have listened a few times now (though I must admit I sometimes fall asleep!) but I'm a firm believer in mind over matter and all that. I figure that if I can try to keep myself calm, focused and breathe as much as possible through the pain - which is only natural after all, and is for a good reason - then the more relaxed my body and all the muscles 'down there' will be, which surely can only help things along.

Having said that I'm also aware that things don't always go to plan and I might end up screaming for an epidural, but at least I'll have tried making it as natural as possible! I guess we'll see... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back