• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

hypnobirthing book

titch

Reaction score
I just finished reading it. I couldnt put it down!!I TOTALLY recommend it to everyone. Im already practising breathing and it is soooo relaxing!

Its so fantastic, I feel like it puts into words a lot of what Ive been thinking about interfering medics!! Its really well balanced though and stresses the importance of listening to & carefully considering doctors recommendations, especially if youre having "special circumstances".

Ive given it to OH to read now. I hope he reads it properly and understands it. Im so happy that it exists!

just started Ina May's book now. I feel like its a bit more 'hippy' lol but only at the beginning!

oh what book did you just finish? that sounds really good that. i need to get some breathing techniques in order!! xx

cool thankyou :D did you get new or used? xx

new, the day after i ordered it our neighbour offered to lend us hers free! typical!

lmao!! how ironic! ah well it's always nice to have new shiny stuff hehe :D i was thinking are you bringing it to birth? i dunno if you could concentrate on reading a book though.. but you could try! xx

No, my OH will be though! It really involves your birth partner, most of the info is scripts and massages that they can do to help you relax, they become your personal hypnotherapist so its them that will need the book on the big day if they havent practiced enough before. you do have to do daily practse though, you can just try out the techniques when youre in labour. and you ave to practise together.

the cd comes withit, and you listento that in practise and in labour. Im gonna put it on OHs ipod :)

that sounds like a good idea about the ipod! both me and OH got ipod (me just normal mp3 player) so that could be option for me too.

thanks for your help :) xx

If its the Mongan method then you will feel like you're on a totally different planet when you do the CD - I can understand how someone can go without pain relief being that deeply relaxed :)

Ria - I used hyponbirthing with Sid and basically you learn the mindset and techniques from the book/cds or classes if you decide to splash out on them. Just reading the book is definitely helpful and will have you thinking (hopefully) a whole new way about labour and birth :)

Tiny - which tracks have you got on your CD? There are 2 on the one with the book and another 2 on a different CD. I have all 4 so I'll send you what you're missing. I recommend you listen to the affirmations lots in preparation and then in labour on your ipod. Take your dock to the place you are giving birth to play them on. I had the hypno tracks and loads of chill out music on mine to listen to while I was in my pool :)

I've got the book which im really into but not the CD? Can you buy the CD seperatly?

dont bother - I have all the cds and can transfer the files to you ;) do you have iTunes and MSN? If you do PM me your addy ;)

ooh, thanks MM! I have Itunes but not msn? I can send you my yahoo address? Is that what you mean? Im rubbish at this kind of stuff

I only know how to transfer them over msn so maybe you could add it? you can use your yahoo email address to set yourself up :)

oooh thanks, Ill PM you my msn address. It mentions some of the tracks in the book and I was thinking about buying the full CD. I think Ill have a listen tonight, Im feeling really hormonal stressed out at the mo!

RM- yeah its the MOngan method one :) good to hear good feedback already, keep it positive!!

Im actually finding Ina Mays book slightly more negative after reading the hypnobirthing one, think I read them in the wrong order!

I actually stopped reading one book because while it was good, interesting and positive, it didnt sit nicely with the hypno - I think had a read them the other way around it would have been ok.

just listened to the relaxation track and WOW. Its amazing, everyone should do it, whether theyre pregnant or not!!! I feel so excited and empowered by this, I can tell Im gonna be evangelising about hypnobirthing for a while yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back