Hurts

ickleprawn

Reaction score
I have basically spent most of the weekend lying on the sofa feeling crap - pretty normal I suppose. However, yesterday, no matter what position I was lying in a basically hurt from just below my ribs to the tops of my legs. It was my tummy but my lower back hurt too. I was really lethargic and felt queasy every time I tried to do anything and my chest hurt and I was short of breath. Is this sort of thing normal or should I go to the docs? I've had no bleeding or even spotting since my last period in october. Thanks for any advice you can give me - not done this before!

you can get cramps quite early , i did but if you wanna see doc just to get checked out better safe than sorry. hell prob just check heartbeat and poss. send you to get early scan. generally cramps are nothing to worry about if theres no spotting. id get checked out, if you want to push for early scan just tell gp your really worried. your hosp should also have an early pregnancy clinic you can make an appt with yourself if you get no jam from dr. good luck xx

I still get this now to be honest. I had them bad a few weeks ago and went to get checked out, the docs told me its just cramping/body changin and very normal. If it bad though hun do get checked out.
hope your ok xxx

Hey Lisa,
could you be constipated? Sounds like a more generalised discomfort from what you are describing. I agree with the girls, the cramps are normal unless they are very painfull but if there's more of a discomfort which seems to be over a larger portion of your body then it might be constipation or something?

Sounds like an appointment with the doctor wouldn't hurt hun. It could be a combination of things, you never know.
A spot of morning sickness, mixed with growing pains, and maybe a spot of flu on top. You never know till you get the experts to have a look. especially if it hasn't gone away all weekend.

I had a stitch all yesterday, hurt when I breathed, but seems to have gone now. Don't fancy a chest infection right now, but if it comes back in the next few days, ill just pop down the docs.

xx

ohhh constipation has had me in bits in the past even laxatives safe in preg didnt help me at all and the pains were horrendous also feeling like chest pains, have u been to the loo recently huns as if ur all backed up id defo say thats what it is and it feels horrid, if this could be it drink lots water soften the stools and fibre is great ;) avoid bananas they cause constipation xxxxx

Oh no, sounds horrible hun! I hope your better soon. At my booking in my midwife advised me that cramping is normal but if Im doubled over in pain or its bringing me to tears, generally if its worse than a bad period cramp then I should get checked out.

If I were you I'd be bothering my GP just cos I think its worth getting everything checked out for reassurance, nothing worse than feeeling ill and not being able to relax cos of worry about it. Good luck xx

Hi, I would get it checked out if it had me in that much pain, just to be sure and to stop yourself from worrying. Hope your feeling better soon.

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. I got up this morning and was sick (for the firts time) - just orange squash as that's all I've had since yesterday lunch. I feel slightly better though. I don't think it was constipation as I went to the loo yesterday morning, however, I do think it's somethign to do with my stomach because the pain is really high up and I'm really bloated. I'm going to ring the midwife at my local surgery in a mo as she said to call if I was worried about anything. I was crying it hurt so much yesterday so would feel better for a bit of professional reassurance! Am also supposed to be back to work (teaching) tomorrow so would be good to get this sorted! Thank you!

omg, i have what sounds so smiliar!! i have been i bed past 3 days in aginy with v v high up tummy ache so severe i cant eat or barely drink.

doc came out to me today and aid if no improvement tomorrow i will be admitted to hosspital for a drip! they dont think mine is pregnancy or baby related luckily.

i had an injection of pethadine too which took the edge off for a few hours :(

hope urs doesnt get as bad xx

Oh hope, sorry to hear you're not better yet. Fingers crossed you wont have to go on that drip, I suppose doc wants to make sure you and baby are not dehydrated. Take a good book with you if you do go in!xx

Hi Hope, hope you're feeling better. That does sound like what I've got - i was feeling fine at lunchtime today and when OH came home I jumped up off the sofa, ran into the kitchen messing about and got waves of nausea and the pain came back. He said "You must be better then" as I lay back down feeling shite!!! I made myself a cheese sandwich this afternoon as I haven't eaten anything for 24 hours and it really hurt after I'd eaten it. I'm trying to drink water but that hurts too. I chickened out about ringing the doc earlier - they always make me feel stupid and I was feeling better. I also thought it was normal judging by everyone else's replies, but have had cramps since the beginning so i know that it's not that. As I haven't really had any morning sickness I was wondering if this is what it feels like???

could it be a stomach bug? There seems to be some really nasty ones going around at the moment, and in the past I had gastroenteritis and felt like I was being stabbed over and over again, the pain was just horrible....I hope you both get better soon!! :hug:

Oh my goodness ladies I hope you all feel better very soon! xx

if its all your stomach and lower back and top of legs it may be a bug but if you are getting bad cramps ect i would go get it checked out if it is still bothering you what ever time it is - my hubby a&e'd me for this sort of thing in my first pregnancy and i got a scan coz the midwifes were worried - but i was thurther on and couldnt feel bub moving same symptoms just earlier on turns out she was just havin a lazy day. turned out i had a bug but if your worried get check out hun x

Last edited:
Hope you ladies are feeling better soon, last thing you need!

omg, i have what sounds so smiliar!! i have been i bed past 3 days in aginy with v v high up tummy ache so severe i cant eat or barely drink.

doc came out to me today and aid if no improvement tomorrow i will be admitted to hosspital for a drip! they dont think mine is pregnancy or baby related luckily.

i had an injection of pethadine too which took the edge off for a few hours :(

hope urs doesnt get as bad xx

Just to drag up this older thread, this was hope's last post... anyone heard from her?

Heck Tiny I just re-read this thread and was thinking the exact same thing as you - there havent been any posts by Hope; I really do hope she is ok, she was so regular on here and now nothing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back