damn hormones

s

Reaction score
I've spent the day lying on the sofa watching Doris Day movies and feel like I could sleep for another 24 hours. Yesterday I felt premenstrual and overwhelmed while flicking through pregnancy books in my local bookstore. Today I feel normal again but very tired.
Are others feeling a little hormonal?
I'm 6 weeks pregnant.
Back to the sofa!
S

oh yes... there are a load of hormones and emotions stil to come. i started feeling mine around 6 weeks... have you started crying at songs and adverts yet.... i'm forever phoning call centres to donate money to sick animals, orphined children, pensioners... i've set up more direct debits in the last month for charities than i can remember!

Another hormone is flying off the handle at poor defensive husband and then feeling guilty for doings so....

get used to being tired because it gets worse... you'll find yourself a sleep by 9 most nites..

but we can't complain... we're pregnant!!!! best thing that ever happened to me!!!!

x

I must show my D/H this so he knows he is not the only one!:

Another hormone is flying off the handle at poor defensive husband and then feeling guilty for doings so....

x[/quote]

I sobbed and sobbed at Extreme Makeover Home Edition yesterday!!! I cried when they told the story of the family (widowed father of 8 in a 3 bedroom house), when they turned up at the house, when the kids were taking about their mum, when he told them where they were sending them on holiday, when the designers were getting excited, when the site supervisor stayed up all night to paint the porch, and 20 whole minutes when the family came home to see their new house. I'm filling up now typing this!!!!!!

Damn hormones!!!

I had to show DH this thread as soon as I saw it - I hope he feels slightly less victimised now!!

I'm either crying or screaming blue murder, then feeling awful & guilty, so crying again!! JOY!!

Its so worth it though!!

Don't feel guilty for crying Emma, I've come up with a great line to use for just these type of situations.

Last Friday, my Sciatica had been playing me up all day, and I'd had a horrid day at work to come home and get an earful from my hormonal teenage daughter. When DH came home, I was sitting on the sofa with my feet up. I never do this so his immediate reaction was to get concerned and ask me what was the matter. I burst into tears and everything came out. I told him I was feeling really pathetic because the baby is tiny at the minute and I couldn't understand how it was affecting me so much. I told him that my back was killing me because I couldn't take any painkillers. I told him I was absolutely exhausted and starving but didn't have any energy to cook anything. Bless him, DH didn't know what to say or do, he just kept hugging me which made me cry even more. Then I screamed at him "and it's all YOUR childs fault!!!" That made us both laugh out loud, and although I was still sobbing at the same time as laughing, I felt much better!! :lol:

tankett - i was crying as i was reading your post!!!! it's lovely to be avle to just cry when youf eel like.. although i'm at work so hiding behind my screen... I feel really girly! i used to be a tough cookie!!! i'd never cry not even at ET....

The other day DH called our little bump a bean and a prawn!! i was upset over something and screamed back "i'm 10 weeks now it's not a bean anymore - it's a feacees" I actually ment a fetus... made us laugh.. (sorry about spelling)

x

Oh women these have really made me laugh.
You're keeping me sane.
Hormones fine again...until tomorrow.
I want to scream from the rooftops that I'm pregnant but can't.
S

I've screamed it already S, I can't keep this a secret!! :D :D :D

We told my daughter first, the day after my BFP, then both sets of parents, siblings and grandparents. I told 2 people at work on the first day back (one of them is MrsG on here, and the other's wife is also pg), then last Friday, I gave up trying to keep it secret and told everyone. My job has to change anyway, so the questions will start soon if I hadn't said anything.

To be honest, I'm not at all superstitious, and don't really believe in the 'wait until the first scan' thing. If anything was going to happen, it would happen whether I had told anyone or not. And if it does, I would want my friends, family and colleagues to know.

Shout it out from the rooftops if you want to! :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love your posts girls... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I too am a hormonal, emotional wreck... a bit better than I was at 6 weeks but if I am hungry or tired.. god help anyone in my way!!! But its a wonderful thing knowing why and that it is all for a lovely cause!!

I am with Tankett on the waiting thing.. I have told some people but my mum guessed when she saw me .. she said my skin and hair and general demeanor was obvious!!! So then we felt only fair to tell OH's mum and gradually we told others.. my first scan was at 6 weeks so I did pass that point when we first told people.. so not really broken that silly rule!!!!!!!!

I say shout it if it helps.. after I kept quiet in July and then m/carried I was so adamant that this time I would tell people so that they could support me through such a worrying time.. it has really helped me being able to talk to them and for them to be aware of what I am feeling and going through.

xxxxxxxx

I told people too - just couldnt help it - I also agree with you Anna Marie - when things go wrong - thats when you need peoples understanding and support and I think its best if they know earlier on

L x

I couldn't keep it to myself either!!! and I agree if things go wrong (fingers crossed nothing does) i'd like people to know and support me.. but i fully understand people who chose not to tell until they've ahd their 12 weeks scan... I have 6 more days till my scan... might buy a sleep suit or something then... i'm a bit nervous buying anything till i've had my first scan.

x

I've also told everyone!!! I'm so excited I can't help it!

Also, I've already bought some things! :oops:

I can't help myself!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back