HSG, Hysteropingogram - any one had this done?

Moley

Reaction score
Hi all...

Not posted for AGES. TTC has been hard and stressful and depressing for me. Been trying for just over 2 years now - with nothing but a period every month. Finally referred to FS about 6 months ago- my blood work and ultrasound of my ovaries and my partners semen analysis are all ok. I'm having a Hysteropingogram next week and wondered if anyone else has had this?! This is going to look at my tubes and if this is ok they say my infertility is unexplained and it's time to think about IVF.

Moley x x

I have also been trying for 2 years all min and oh tests have come back normal so we are in the 'secondary infertility' class as i have a 9 year old to a previous partner.

I have had the HSG done a few months ago now. I'm not sure what you wanted to know but it was a relatively painless procedure for me. They pop you up on a table, you pose the same position as if you were gonna have a smear. They insert a small cathater into your uterus and administer the dye. She did say some ladies find that part a little uncomfortable and said that if i felt funny to tell them to stop. But it was fine for me. Then they bring over the x-ray machine take pictures and your done!!

You may have some light cramping after wards, i did felt a little like mild period pains and you'll be bloated. I took some wipes with me so i could freshen up before and after, a pad to catch any leaking,as the pads the hospital give out are like bricks. And some painkillers for afterwards, just in case. The whole things is done in less than an hour.

Hope this helps, good luck x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back