How would you like to be told

sparky

Reaction score
We have a couple of friends who we've not seen this year, but wanted to tell in the flesh.

The thing is they have been TTC for a while (started just before us) and have had serious problems so are on the waiting list for IVF.

DH thinks that it would be best just to arrange to go round and tell them, I know i would have preferred a little warning when i was TTC

They are really lovely people and i dont want to hurt them.

What would you lovely ladies suggest

Hia

I think it is a nice idea that you want to do it in the flesh but personally I would rather be told over the phone. It is v difficult finding out that your friends are pregnant when you are trying so hard yourselves. I know lots of people have a little cry when they find out that their friends are pg and it might be a bit awkward if you are all in the room together!?

I am sure that she will be v happy for you when the news has had time to sink in (and if they know that you have been trying too, they are probably expecting it). There is just a small part of any woman who is TTC who will think "why isnt it my turn"

Just be honest with them and I am sure everything will be fine. Hope you have a H&H 9 months :hug:

Same as sally12.

I know when people tell me one of our family members or a friend is pregnant my face drops and i cry for about 5 minutes. I know if i was told by that person i would probably look really evil.

I get over my emotions and then when i see them again i am all happy for them.

I think it is easier to be told on the phone first and then go an see them :hug:

I wouldn't like to be told face to face either.
I'd rather it be by phone or e-mail

I think it's so lovely that you're being so considerate :hug:

My friend told me face to face a couple of weeks ago. We both knew that we were both TTC and from what she's said, she had delayed telling me because of how she thought I'd react.

She told me at work (that's how I met her) and to be honest, I don't think either way will make any difference. But I prefer being able to see faces. I could tell she was anxious so I gave her a hug and we went from there.

If you went to theirs you could go with them to make a cuppa and tell them quietly. Say you know it must be hard for them but you wanted to tell them personally rather than they find out from someone else. They'll appreciate your honesty.

thanks ladies

I was of the same opinion that i would rather have some warning first!! I know how i felt when everyone around me seemed to fall, leaving me TTC.

Perhaps contact them and say we have some news to share with them...they'll probably guess from that and give them a wee bit of time to react in private.

I know it helped the last time i was told.

Thanks for your advice ladies hope you all get your BFPs soon, keep the faith it does happen!! :hug:

i would def tell them over the phone so that they can get used to the idea before you see them :hug: xxxxxx

id send them an email or over the phone :hug: :hug:

personally having experienced it myself I can say that i'd much prefer to be told face to face with just you and your friend, or on the phone.

my friend sent me an email with her scan picture as her way of telling me and it almost broke my heart so see it there thrust in my face with no preparation or anything.

I think if you can talk to her then it is much easier, perhaps with some warning first though, don;t just blurt it out, and expect her to have mixed emotions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back