How would you clean Moses basket??

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Ammdaz, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Ammdaz

Ammdaz Well-Known Member

As the title says really. We are using DS's Moses basket again this time round. It's been stored in the loft, sealed in a large plastic bag. I've obviously washed all the fabric bits and rinsed through the lining that can't be washed in the machine but I don't know how to clean the actual basket bit? It's not really dirty, I just think it must be a bit dusty after all that time in the loft even though its been quite well sealed. Don't want to use loads of cleaning chemicals on it, will a wipe over with a damp cloth do? Xxx

#1 Ammdaz, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  2. buggy1

buggy1 Well-Known Member

Yes, I'd just wipe it over with a damp cloth (warm soapy water) as long as you've washed the fabric bits you can and got a new mattress ;)

3. Ammdaz

Ammdaz Well-Known Member

4. glowing

glowing Well-Known Member

In this weather you can give it a good clean with soapy water and put it in the sun to dry.

5. Anna456

Anna456 Well-Known Member

Mine is from a friend and had been stored in her loft, I've washed all the fabric bits then I got dime free dettol wipes in a bounty pack and I'm going to give the basket a wipe over with those it doesn't look dirty to me but thought that would just freshen it up x

6. SpinSugar

SpinSugar Well-Known Member

I got a second handone, wicker style. I sprayed with dettol, washed off and left it in the sun to dry out! x