wont sleep in moses basket!

ToriElla

Reaction score
hi all,

i'm having a bit of trouble getting eva to sleep in her moses basket. she wants to be on someone all the time or next to me in bed - but i don't feel safe doing that and can't relax and want her to get used to her basket.

anyone else had this problem?

From womb to crib.... from Rolls Royce to Nissan Micra!!!! :?
It's a difficult transition for anyone - baby just wants to curl up with warmth! Oscar only sleeps in his crib in the first part of the evening. His best sleepies are in his carseat - curled up in fetal position!
Don't worry too much - your little bunny just needs loads of reassurrance just now. It'll all fall into place......... :wink:
Emilia xx

just makes you worry about cot death etc! plus i didn't sleep at all last night! i'm sure your right and we'll get settled soon x

I'm with you with regards to the Cot Death. It really worried me, but I've come to accept that some things are out of our hands. I'm just making sure that I follow all the right procedures ie. light blankets (no duvet), putting baby at the bottom of basket/crib, on his back and luckily we don't smoke. After doing all that, we hope and pray for the best! It's very hard not to worry, but we'll do ourselves more harm than good by worrying.
I read your other post about sick/mucus - I understand that that'll contribute you your concerns. Perhaps you should lift the top of the mattress with a towel underneath - just so it's slightly tilted. It always helps baby breath more easily when mucus'ed up.

I didn't get much sleep last night either. Oscar unsettled all night. Leaves one feeling pretty poo'ish, hey? I'm camping out in my bed today and will sleep when Oscar sleeps. It's the only way I can cope - I have 2 other kids that need my attn - luckily hubby here to help out, but he goes back this afternoon. (works away all week)

Be kind to yourself... don't expect the impossible just yet and enjoy your beautiful little girl. Remember, she was that wee bitty early - just loads of cuddles will sort her in no time. You just make sure you eat well, drink loads of water/decaf tea and get plenty rest.
Thinking of you!
Let me know how you get on!!! :wink: Emilia xx

Hello again
Thought I'd share some news with you!
Oscar has also been protesting about sleeping in his basket. This morning, after much to'ing and fro'ing, I placed my pajama top (spread out) in his basket and he slept like an angel.
Tonight - the same - he went to sleep without any probs and is still asleep 2 hours later. It's a miracle!!!! Worth a try....... I just hope it lasts!
Emilia xx

excellent emilia, what a good idea, hopefully it will help a lot of other people too :D

I don't wear jimjams ....sounds like a fab idea though, may have to walk around the house in a pair tomorrow and see what happens :)

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!
Oscar didn't let me down...... went to sleep at 6.30pm. Woke up at 12.30am and again at 4am. Bliss!!!!! :wink:
The most wonderful and facinating thing of all, was watching him root for milk amongst the creases of my top and clenching onto it with one fist (as he does when lying on my chest)
I'm amazed!!!

BUT, do you know what the bummer is............?????
I didn't sleep so good, because I kept waking up wondering WHY HE WASN'T waking up for feeds??? Silly I know, but I guess we've all got that "built in" alarm system that wants to warn us of posible dangers!
Never mind.... I'm so happy. I'm hoping that it'll be the same again tonight. Will let you all know!

Time for breakfast and a well deserved cuppa! :D :D
Emilia xx

yay thats brill! the midwife said not to worry too much because she is getting used to breast feeding. we seem to be getting more tuned in to each other now. it's just difficult sometimes when you are the only one who can feed them (she said it is too early to express).

she is a little angel though - she only makes a fuss when she is hungry or wants to suck on something. just trying to distinguish between the two atm! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back