how to????????

fayebalina

Reaction score
Hi all Iv tried ashtyn on carrot, parsnip and pear.........all of which he loved so tomorrow im gonna try butternut squash, mango and apple.........only prob is i dont know how to prepare the butternut squash and the mango?
Can someone tell me please
ty

This made me smile :lol:

If you could have seen me, my mum and my sis trying to prepare a Butternut Squash for Phoebe!!

For adults you normally cut them in half (down the middle) scoop out the seeds and bake/roast them in the oven.

For Phoebe though I peel it and boil it like you would a swede or something. It's a nightmare and takes ages but Phoebe loves it. Pumpkin etc is similar and maybe easier to prepare.

As for mango I just peel it, stone it and boil it for a couple of mins. Guess you could just puree it without boiling it though. I can't see why not.

Good Luck :lol:

With mango I push it through a sieve because it's quite thready. God I can't find the right word, my brain's gone. Um....fiberous, that's it. It's one of Zara's favourites :D

butternut squash is a pain in the ass to cut up it took me ages, then my mum said why dont you cut it in half and scoop the seeds out then roast it then it can be scooped out after ! doh :doh: why didnt i think of that!!! :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back