How to use Opk's?

Emily0505

Reaction score
Hello ladies. Although af not here yet, pretty sure she is going to rear her ugly head soon. So, as this is our 6th month ttc with no bfp, I am thinking of using opks, but... all I know is that you shouldn't use fmu. Other than that I don't know when I should test - I work full time so would have to do them in the evening after 5 but should I do jus the one? What cd should I start them? I was gonna order a load of cheapies off e-bay to start me off- are these any good? Sorry for all the questions ladies but if anyone could provide me with an idiots guide that would be lovely! I am sure it's not rocket science but i figure what's the point in being on a forum and not asking advice!:)

XX

hey hun
iv used opks last 2 cycles. ur right ur not supposed to use fmu.
i tend to test at about 5pm....when I do i make sure i dont drink anything after say 12/1pm (but go to the toilet as normal no need to hold it in until 5pm)

some girls do 2 opks a day, i just do the one and use tesco own brand, but doesnt really matter. do you know roughly what cd you ov / how long ur cycles are?

if the test line is fainter than the control line, ur not ov'ing. if the test line is same darkness / darker than control, line, it means you will be ov'ing the following day.

hope this helps any qs dont hesitate to ask thats what the forum is for :) xx

What day should I start doing them? My cycles go from 25 to 33 days - last 2 cycles were 25 days. I am on cd1 today, the witch got me this morning. Grrrr! I do not know when i ov, cm is not much of an indicator for me, so if I'm gona use Opk's, might start epo too and see if that helps my cm and I would def know when to stop taking it then too. Thx for answering Hun. I no they can't be that hard to use but I just wanted to make sure I was giving myself the best chance!

XX

Thanks. I reckon I'll order a shed load if cheapies off the net and then I can poas to my hearts content and not worry about not having enough!

XX

yeh id have said cd 9 based on a 25 day cycle as count back 14 days from ur 25 (for 2ww)..gives u cd11, so test cd 9 to be sure as u should have pos opk within day or so (ovulating prob cd 10/11)

good luck hun, wish my cycles were that short, mine have been 36 and 37 days long xxx

I ordered either 30 or 50 Opk's (can't remember exactly) and 10 hpts so can poas to my hearts content. Feeling really good about this cycle and hoping for the best Xmas prezzie ever!

Xx

Good luck with the opk's.

I am also on a 25 day cycle and i start teasting on cd7 and continueing testing until ov.

I try and do two tests a day. I will do one at about 1pm, will wee at 10am and have my last drink then so i am set up for test. I will then test again when i get home at about 6pm, again i will wee and stop drinking at about 3pm so all ready for when i get home.

I have to admit it is a bit of a mission to test at work - have to hide the test in my bag and peek at it when no one is looking! The trouble with the 6pm is the journey home i am busting by the time i get in!!!

I am also on cycle 6 so hopfully we wil get our BFP's this month!!!

xx

I started testing on CD8 and saw a trend occuring at around CD9/10

now they are getting progressively darker at CD 12 and i think tomorrow i will get my positive OPK

I don't think testing at work would be an option for me- don't even have time for a lunch break some days, let alone poas! They haven't arrived yet but looking forward to poas and as I said may well engage in some early hpting too!

XX

I do a test at 3/7/10 and i always see more of a line at 10pm

I reckon later is better :)

I don't think testing at work would be an option for me- don't even have time for a lunch break some days, let alone poas! They haven't arrived yet but looking forward to poas and as I said may well engage in some early hpting too!

XX

I know what you mean there are times when i can't at work i will then only test in the evening - i just come a bit obsessed with testing!

the worst part is trying to take a plastic cup into the the toliet with me people at work think i am mad!

hpt they are just as lethal!

xx

I can probs do 2, one when I get home from work bout 5.30 then another before bed. Should I stop drinking before doing them? If so how long before - a couple of hours?

XX

If i stopped before each of mine i would never drink anything lol

i reckon an hour before is fine x

They have arrived! Yaaaaay! They came with an idiots guide too, but thanks to you lovely ladies I am already in the know! According to thr instructions, if I have a 25 day cycle (which I have the last 2 months) I should start poas on cd8 and do one per day till I get my surge but... I shall do it the way you guys advised and poas twice a day and I may start poas a lil bit earlier as: 1- patience very much lacking this time round 2- want to make sure I have plenty to compare so I don't miss my surge 3- normally I hate poas with a passion but actually wanting to this time round, so I'm gonna go for it!

It's nice to feel so excited about ttc. Just hope I'm not setting myself up for a big fall!

XX

I think your body makes the hormone needed during the day, so POAS early isnt the best way to get a good result, plus you may miss your surge that way x

I meant early in terms of cd, not early as in early on in the day- if that makes sense! I'm planning on doing one when I get home from work bout 5.30 then another just before bed. Instructions say to start on cd8 but i mite start on cd 6 though. I dont have a clue when i ov as dont really get ewcm so dont want to miss it. I know I'm just worrying bout it cuz I've not used them before and I want to get it right and get my bfp for Xmas.

Thx for all your advice ladies- muchly appreciated!

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back