How to HCG levels?

Melily24

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, but have no idea where I should post it.

I think I am having a mc - bleeding since Tuesday. How do I go about checking my HCG levels? Is there a way that I can do it or is it only via blood tests at dr?

Thanks. xxx

Hi, sorry to hear you are bleeding. I had to have mine done at the early pregnancy unit at the hospital, the normal blood testing places here don't do them. How far along are you?

I should be 7 weeks this coming Saturday. I was just sitting here thinking, that its Thursday, so only day 3 of bleeding, but it already feels like an eternity. Just wish it was over. Why I would like to know my HCG levels are dropping and when they reach zero.

As far as I know the only way to have your HCG actually measured is via a blood test.

Go to your early pregnancy unit (or your a&e and they will send you there). They will do the blood tests for you and might also do a scan. They scanned me and I was about 6 weeks, then they did three lots of blood over the week.

I suppose if you haven't had a blood test the only other way that I can think of if you are checking to see if they are going down would be to test with a clearblue digi with the conception indicator as it will show a lower number of weeks if your hcg levels have dropped (so rather than being 5 weeks since conception you may show as 1-2 so your levels have dropped). However, the only way to get an actual figure is with a blood test. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back