How to choose a cot mattress?

cocoflakes

Reaction score
Someone I know bought a gorgeous pink cot from ikea way before I knew i was pregnant and i know 100% im having that if we have a baby girl, as for a boy we havent chose one yet.

I was looking at the mattresses on the ikea website just for an idea of prices and the cheapest one was £15 and im wondering if its £15 because its no good.

Ive never had a baby before and was wondering how to choose a mattress for a babies cot and how you know which are good and which are rubbish? or doesnt it matter?

I bought a cotbed from eBay - and bought this mattress from Amazon -> clicky <- as it was recommended by a few people on here and has loads of good reviews on Amazon.

As far as I'm aware there's no right or wrong mattress for baby, I think some will just last longer than others. But then I've never had a baby either :D

I paid I think £60 from Smyths and its fab, he's been using it about 2 years and there are no lumps or bumps and it still feels as new.. I wouldn't buy the cheapest as you will probably have to replace it after a while and I'm a but odd about proper neck and back support for LO, so I decided to get a part cushioned part sprung mattress for good support.. X

Last edited:
I paid 100 for my mattress from Mothercare , I honestly believe you get what you pay for and if you get a really cheap one you will need to replace fairly quickly I imagin .

Try eBay they sell new mattress and a fraction of the price they are in the shops x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back