How successful was your sweep?

Peppermint

Reaction score
Hello,

This little baby seems to be very comfy and not wanting to budge! She is overdue now and making me feel so heavy and uncomfy so feeling like it is definitely time for her to make a move out! The midwife has booked me in for a sweep and I just wondered how much success you ladies have had with getting one? Upon getting one, did labour start soon after for you?

Thanks in advance for any responses :)

Hiya

I had a sweep on the Wednesday morning, contractions started Thursday afternoon and I had my little girl Friday evening!

Fingers xd it gets things going for you! X x

Not had a sweep yet still a few weeks to go but wanted to wish you luck and say. I hope it works for you xx

Thanks or your replies. Jbeanie that makes me feel optimistic! I really hope it does get things moving!

Also wanted to wish you the best of luck too. I am booked for a sweep a week today when I will be 40+4. Fingers crossed it works for both of us xx

In having my 3rd sweep attempt yoday lol!!

Had one last mon & fri..
I thought fridays worked, i started getting contraction friday early eveninc, by midnight i they were 5nins lasting a min.. Went to hosp, 3cm but they didnt seem as strong anymore so they sent me home.
And im still blinking waiying now!
I did have my bloody show saturday tho.. So it kinda helped kick start things.

Hope my 3rd attempt is 3rd time lucky!!

Gd luck hun xx

I had a sweep at 38+4 & it did absolutely zilch apart from make me have a bloody show.

I was induced at 39 weeks.

Goodluck though, for everybody its different & the closer you are to your due date (or over) then the more successful they are x

They say they are 50% effective. I am supposed to have one at 38 weeks. Depends if lo still breech at 36 weeks.

MW told me at my 40+2 appointment that she wouldn't do one because they're best done at 41 weeks. I did end up having one later that day at the hospital which dilated me a tiny bit by the next day (I was induced then). My sister had one 6 days overdue in the morning, started having pains that afternoon and had her baby the next day.

It'll depend on how ready your body is, I guess x

Last edited:
Thanks for all your replies! Well I went this morning for my sweep. All went well and midwife said my cervix was favourable. Since getting home I have had a few mild twinges and a small amount of blood when going to the toilet. I'm trying to be optimistic that it will work bit don't want to get my hopes up too much! Fingers crossed we meet our little one soon! :) x

Oooo fingers crossed it works for you hun :) xx

Had my sweep 9.30 am on friday 14th and baby boy arrived 14:18 on sunday 16th, I had twinges and some bleeding after, if im honest I found the sweep the worst part even more than labour itself

i had a sweep at 40+3 with DD, it was about 8pm, had a show and a few twinges but nothing major then my hindwaters went at 4.30 am and DD1 was born at 3.38 the next morning

Iv been up nice 4am having contractions 5 mins apart! Hope this is it and not a false alarm! Midwife wants me to stay at home for as long as possible before going in :/

Well my 3rd sweep was a good 3rd time lucky!!
Even tho i think i was having tightenings the night before as MW said i had a few contractions while she did sweep!

But yeh the pains started straight away!! And i wet straight to 5/6mins apart contractions by 10.30am! Hour after sweep :) x

Iv been up nice 4am having contractions 5 mins apart! Hope this is it and not a false alarm! Midwife wants me to stay at home for as long as possible before going in :/

How are you getting on now Peppermint? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back