How stressful can getting a scan date be???

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
Its abit of a moan ladies sorry but how stressful can getting a 12 week scan date be????
After what happened last time my OH definetly wanted to have the scan in the main scan department at the womens instead of at the antenatal clinic, by opting for the combined test this meant this could happen...or so we thought. Ive took the day off today as i wasnt feeling to good so i wanted a day of rest but the phones just ranf and i waved bye bye to my rest and no stress day! It was the hospital, it was a very nice lady who was explaining that due to where my 12/13 week mark has landed (Bank holiday and the royal wedding ect), there is no way that the womens scan department could fit me in before the date the test needs to be done by and i would need to got to Aintree Hospital to have the scan and the blood tests. I tried to explain this to OH but he just flew off on one :( and started shouting while I was on the phone. I had to explain to the lady exactly why he felt this way and apoligise for him, which I should never of had to do. I know we were set on going the womens but if theres nothing they can do then i have no option but OH isnt happy. So now hes in a stinker of a mood and its like its my fault.
So i have my scan on 19th April at 13.45 at yet another location but as im seeing it, as long as baby is fine they can send me where ever they want. Ill be 12w exactly so I didnt get my scan after the date things went wrong last time but atleast i still get to have the combined test. Sorry its a long one ladies x x

awww i can see why oh has kicked off. its like the world has to stop moveing just coz the royal wedding grr god help if anyone went into labour that day think theyll be doing there own delivery lol its cray as i bet there wasnt this fuss when anyone else gt married in the royal family. its sucks its at another hospital but as long as everything is all good with baby then thats a plus im sure he will calm down he probs feels like hes getting mucked around buy the hospital. ive had to phone up about mine yesterday they made a mistake and sent me a letter for when im 38 weeks prgnant and not 36 weeks lol so ive jut had to confirm that it is monday coming lol and it is lol

I understand why hes like this but I felt so sorry for the lady on the phone too, she called back to confirm and check everything was ok aswell. I bet she just been given a list and told to call everyone, dont suppose she imagined she would get what she got from my OH.
The hospital were great and so organised when i had Adam but since my last pregnancy they really seem to have slipped, looks like it like that everywhere though, thanks to all the stupid nhs cuts! x x

:hugs:

What an absolute nightmare!!

I'm just about to post a thread of my nightmares with scan dates ect. Its so much stress isn't it.

Please try not to worry, even if OH is annoyed, you'll get there before you know it, it will fly in.

:)

what a pain hon, ridiculous how everything has to come to a standstill because of the Royal wedding. Maybe you could book in for a private scan for when you're around 14/15 weeks? that way it will be after the dreaded 12+3days but before your 20 week scan x x

We were talking about maybe getting a private sexing scan before our 20 week scan so will decide after the 19th whether to book one or to just wait. OH seems to have come round to the idea of going somewhere else now, thankfully x x

that's a good idea, good also that OH has calmed down. Mine can be exactly the same, fly off the handle at things, it can be so embarassing! Men! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back