How reilable are cheap tests?

babystar

Reaction score
As the title shows, i just wondering how accurate they are, i used a £1 pg test yesterday and it was a :bfn:. I had an MMC on 25th Aug so i thought i would test as it's been 7 weeks since i had an ERPC but not sure when my AF is due.

Well I got my bfp with a pound land test which was later confirmed by a cb and a super drug....not sure if that's what you wanted to hear but hope it helps xx

hey hun when i was pregnant first time i used a pack of 3 for £1 and they worked! i think it depends how early on you use them. as the hcg levels are weaker at the beginning and not all tests can pick it up. this time i used cheaps ones i bought off ebay that said negative the next day i used first response and it was positive.

not sure if that helped lol

Make a pregnancy ticker

Poundland cheapies I found brilliant and very reliable for me, my sister and my best friend, we all expecting together xx

Congrats on your all pregnancies xx

Thanks for all your replies, i'm going to buy some more £ tests in the week and test again next friday and just keep testing week xx

Hi I've been reading my tests and it looks like the cheaper ones have a dection threshold of 25mlU/mL hcg. These are the thin strip ones at poundland. The single tests at poundland can detect hcg at 20mlU/mL and the more expensive two for 3.50 at asda/morrisons etc detect at 15mlU/mL. I suspect althoug i dont know that the first responce detect it at 10mlU/mL.

So the cheaper the test the later it will detect your pregnancy. However once you get a few days past your af due date the level of HGC will be in the 50s if you are pregnant and so all the tests will pick it up.

You can tell by the control line that the test has worked it detects the presence of the testing substance (Mouse CG antibodies)
Hope that helps so look out for the words how sensitive is the test " test detects hcg at a concerntation of xx or greater. The lower this figure the more sensitive the test is and the earlier it can detect if you are pregnant.

Good luck
love Daisy

Thanks Daisy for your advice, but AF arrived today but had no AF cramps (which i usually get) and it's much lighter than usual, than before i had my MMC.

Good luck, hope you get your:bfp:soon xx

Sorry to hear that baby star :hugs: good luck for next month! Xx

Thats alright Daisy, now when i get pg again at least i'll know when my due date which is a good thing. When i had my MMC in Aug i wasnt sure of my dates as i had irregular cycles (it took us 10 months to concieve), just hope my cycles will be normal this time xx

Thanks Kanga
How are you feeling now?

Good luck to you too, hopefully we'll all get our:bfp:next month xx

I'm feeling a lot better now I'm ttc again. Currently in my 2nd 2ww since my mc, and about 7-9dpo, so hoping I get my bfp by the end of the week! Xx

Hey babystar I think we mc on the same day...boo! I'm finding Cheapies really helpful since but had a bit if confusion on opk the line got darker and now I have bloodish cm so think AF is finally showing her face..bout time!

Hope AF turns up soon I use ultra early strips from eBay so much cheaper than the shops and I found accurate. All the best for you xxx

Hi Sunbeam, how are you feeling now? and yeh we did MC on the same day. I did a £ shop test on friday and today AF arrived:(, but theres always next month for all of us xx

That's strange I have been posting today seeking advice on opk testing and AF turns up!

Ah I'm ok about thinks now, how about you? I have the day off work today so had a bit too much time to think and felt a bit glum but seeing the red blood in cm has been the relief i have been looking for since mc. Over the weekend I have been craving lots of carb type food and feeling quite emotional so I think that's AF symptoms not my crazy self!

I ordered the "ultra early" strips they seem to be quite sensitive and hpt hcg level is 10mui which showing nothing so I know that if a line does appear then it's a new pg. I now have 50opk strips...I would rather just see how things go but after the gap between mc and cycles not taking any chances now!xx

Hi Sunbeam
I'm fine now thanks, we've been TTC again since i had my ERPC, but no luck as yet just wait now till AF disappears and carry on, i was told just to relax about getting pg which i'm going to do now and not worry about anything xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back