how regular do you see your midwife?

Red_Fairy

Reaction score
i had an appointemnt to see my midwife today, she was really behind scedual and i had to wait half an hour before being seen - this made me late for another very inportant oppointment, so i asked if this could be quick (she usually talkes to me for ages ect)
Anyway, i think i may have confused her in my rushing cos my next oppointment is in 3 wks! im 34+5 now so in 3 weeks ill be almost 38 weeks!!
i thought midwife appointments got closer together ect my last few have been 2 weeks and 1 week apart. She hasnt spoken to me about my birth plan, hospital, breastfeeding, labour or anything yet! all she's done is take my blood presure and had a feel of the baby for weeks!
im i wrong is this normal? It just seems so strange that i could have gone into labour by 38 wks and my baby by then could be breech or ANYTHING.

I see my m/w every two weeks at this stage. If you get to 40 weeks here you see m/w at 41 weeks aswell.

That does seem strange, My appointments have been every 3 or 4 weeks. The next one being 32 weeks.
But she told me at the 32 week appointment she'll give me a load of leaflets on labour options etc and the usual prod and poke and make an appointment around 3 weeks later (35 weeks) at my home to discuss what options I would like and chat in more detail about a birthing plan and what happens when I go into labour etc.
My cousin gave birth last week...5 weeks early :shock: so I reckon you should be well prepared at least 4 weeks before your due date.

Might be worth ringing to see if you can bring your appointment forward and tell her what you want to talk about, to enable her to give you enough time to discuss everything.

Charm X

Like the others said you can see if she will see you sooner and that you have some concerns. I only seen my MW 5 times during my whole pregnancy but it was my 3rd baby so thats why. Not sure if its your 1st of not but if it is they really should see you more often right at the end.

This hapened to me too. I was 35 weeks last week at my midwife appointment, and she said did i want the next appointment in 3 weeks? So I said no 2 would be better, and like you she hasnt discussed the birth plan or anything with me, I don`t think she could care less. I was trying to tell her how stressed out I was feeling and she kind of brushed it under the carpet like i was being silly.
I am her responsbility I think and to wait 3 weeks at this stage is almost neglectful, I am going to say something next appointment if i make it that far.
I`m glad its not just me that is outraged by this treatment (or lack of it)

My m/w appointments have been weekly since 36 weeks

i'm not as far gone as you... but it is true what you are saying.. if she is only checking your blood pressure and feeling for weeks then i would say something..

because you could have gone in to labour... and she should be telling you things as you said breast feed etc

i would check that out :hug:

thanks girls, im gonna have a visit to the hospital i think in next few days, i rang them about my oppiontment being so faraway and expressed some concerns im having (i would really like a scan done because my midwife on 2 occasions now has pointed out this lump i have on my rightside of the bump its about the size of a fist - she has no idea what it could be (ie maybe not baby!) and id like my mind put to rest before im 38wks) plus every other day im getting accute back pain that makes me sick :(
probably will go tonight/tomoz.

thanks again girls :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back