How pregnant am I?

Tootsmaloy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope you're all getting along great with your pregnancies. I wonder if any of you could shed some light on how I figure out what week I am in! I found out last week when I didn't get my period so I figured, ok I'm 1 week pregnant. Hen, I read thy pregnancy is counted from the first day on your last period, which in my case was 26th April. Does this mean I'm 5 weeks pregnant? Surely not?!

I also went to see my GP and got a referal to a gyno (I'm in Germany so maybe it's different) but they don't have appointment until the first week of July. By then according to he new calculation I would be much further along - is this too late?

Thanks for any advice you can offer

xx

Yeah that's right. It's counted from the 1st day of your last period so you would be 5 weeks and due 31st Janurary. It could change at your scan tho. Congrats on your bfp c

Thanks Carli :) would you say that it matters if I don't go for an appointment until 8th July? That would be week 10. (Can you tell this is my first pregnancy? Haha!)

xxx

Yep, you would be about 5 weeks. I saw my dr when I found out and I was just over 4 weeks. I don't have my first appointment with the midwife until I am 10 weeks along. It was the same when I was in the states. Most docs, don't seem to see you until you are almost out of your first trimester, unless there is a history of mc or other issues. Are you taking any vitamins?
Oh and congrats!

Last edited:
Thanks sprk! I'm not taking any vitamins no. The doctor told me they weren't really necessary (different country bear in mind) and I figured I would just ask at the gyno appointment, but as I said its over a month away. I don't want to just take some incase i take something wrong. Were you prescribed them?
I was taking folic acid for around 2 months before getting pregnant. I have always had a healty diet. Plenty of fruit, veg and protein and lots of water. Hope that's relevant!

xx

1st midwife appointment is usually between 8-12 weeks although I had mine early at 6 weeks but don't think it matters too much xx

My first mw appointment is on Saturday and I'll be 8 weeks and 5 days. They are usually around 8-12 weeks. I don't think you need to change it to get it any earlier. But yes you would be 5 weeks now, definitely taken from the first day of your last period. Congrats!

I take pregnacare (not sure if you can get that in Germany?) but woud advise definitely still taking the folic acid......x

x

Congrats xx
Its a scary time lol. I just found out 3 weeks ago. Days seem longer an every twinge is worrying.
Ur 5 weeks 2 days along. U need to start folic acid. I haven't really taken anything else. Water an fruit to help with constipation lol. The joys xx wishin u all the best in ur first tri xx

I also take pregnacare. If you take something, make sure it's for pregnancy and has folic acid. I also take extra folic acid prescribed by my doc.

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all your support - and for letting me know how far along I am! There was I thinking 2 weeks lalala! My symptoms aren't that strong.....yet. I was bloated last week, but that's eased an apart from that my breasts are a bit tender, but in a similar way they are before I get my period.

I checked the clinic again and they have a drop in during the week if you have any concerns so I'm going to go next week and ask them about vitamins and folic acid and then wait for my appointment in July.

Thanks again mesdames :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back