How Old?

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
How old should babies be before you take them swimming? I was hoping that when the baby is about 8 weeks old me and OH can take her swimming on a Sunday morning but wasn't sure if that's too young??

:think:

Not sure if there is any hard and fast rule - I seem to remember waiting til my boy had had his second set of newborn jabs before taking him. I do remember that he absolutely loved it though!

i think it after their first injections hun

mary70 said:
i think it after their first injections hun

That's old advice - clicky - its fine to take them now anytime from birth.

I took my DD (she had had no injections at this point) at 5 1/2 weeks and she absolutely loved it.

Valentine Xxx

We've been taking Ellie every week since around 10/11 weeks & shge loves it, I think its anytime from birth although they dont go in for long at first :)

I was wondering this but then read anytime from birth...the only thing is I cant find anything for a newborn to swim in?! Everything starts from 3months+ :think:

I took him for the first time at 5 weeks, I found some swimming trunks in Mothercare in 0-3 months - although shops don't seem to have them in in the smaller sizes very often, it took me a few trips to get one. Then I added a nappy cover (0-3 months) and a baby wetsuit thing in 0-6 months that I bought online to keep him a little bit warmer.

Tillytots said:
I was wondering this but then read anytime from birth...the only thing is I cant find anything for a newborn to swim in?! Everything starts from 3months+ :think:

tilly , huggies now do xs nappies , infact ill prob have some left as lelands growing sooo big , and , his in 3-6 , even 6-9 swim wear it seems to be smaller ! at the mo matalan have great one peices for £5 or tigger for £7

we started last week , leland was 12 weeks :D

Ooo brilliant! Thanks girls, Ill have a look online now see if I can find something for bubs. I cant wait to take him swimming :cheer: :cheer:

Tillytots said:

I was in Sainsbury's a couple of days ago and they had some really lovely litt;e swim suits with built in swim nappies that started at
0-3 months.

Izzie cry's when we put her in water so i think we'll have to wait a while before we try her at the pool :lol:

i thought it was as soon as they can hold their own heads up its safe for them to swim, theres no need even to wait til theyve had imms as the cholrine protects from germs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back