• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much weight have you gained?

kat86

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been feeling huge recently and can feel the water retention building up. Its stinging in my swollen hands, legs and feet!
When i was pregnant with my son i gained a lot of weight and water retention but was never brave enough to weigh myself. Wished i had now so that i could compare to this pregnancy. I lost it all after I had my son plus an extra stone.
Just wondering how much other people have gained?

xxx

2 stone and its all bump am lucky have only put on weight on my tummy x x x

Afraid to stand on scales lol Really. I was nearly a stone heavier than I wanted to be before getting pregnant and had just started going to Slimming World to put this right. Three weeks in and I got BFP. I have no water retention (so far) and am still wearing size 10 maternity clothes so hoping I'll not be tooooooo bad at the end.

it was 2 stone prob about a month ago, i havent plucked up the courage since as this mortified me but again im all bump x

I'm 28 weeks tomorrow and weight 12lbs more than I did at my booking in appointment when I was 5weeks. Eekkk! 1st baby so no idea what to expect!

21lb but it feels so much heavier. Still have 5 weeks to go so I'm sure it will be much more. X

I weigh 7lbs more than at my booking in weigh in, but still 1 stone lighter than I was pre pregnancy. Although I have plenty of stores being a size 18 :) xx

I've put on about 1 and half stone, it's all bump though :) xxx

I got weighed at my dads on Monday and i've put on a stone and a half, tbh its all bump, i havent put any weight on anywhere else! I put 2 and a half stone on with DD so will be interesting to compare :) xx

Eugh - I was avoiding the scales until the nurse weighed me 2 weeks ago. I had put on 2stone 5lbs, which sounds a lot but thankfully it is mostly bump.

I have been spoiling myself to more treats than I used to though (was on a diet and had just lot 2 stone). So you could say I am enjoying my pregnancy.

Kat - you havent said how much you have gained cheeky!

My mum made me laugh the other day, she said she put on 4 stone with each pregnancy and only lost a stone in between each :D!! So I'm doing well in comparison.

Daydreaming...i have done exactly the same with "enjoying" this pregnancy hehe! Especially been hooked on caramel shortcake and peanut butter kitkats...i dont think i could go a day without one or the other :lol:

xx

Eugh - I was avoiding the scales until the nurse weighed me 2 weeks ago. I had put on 2stone 5lbs, which sounds a lot but thankfully it is mostly bump.

I have been spoiling myself to more treats than I used to though (was on a diet and had just lot 2 stone). So you could say I am enjoying my pregnancy.

Kat - you havent said how much you have gained cheeky!

My mum made me laugh the other day, she said she put on 4 stone with each pregnancy and only lost a stone in between each :D!! So I'm doing well in comparison.

Lol I've put on 2 1/2 stone!!! I don't put on for weeks then all of a sudden I put loads on, it gets me down!! Was just wondering if it's about right but obviously not lol!! Xxx

The amount you are meant to put on does dpend on your current size Kat.

2 and a half isn't crazily over. Just a bit over... and think if you have an 8lb baby followed by placenta, you soon lose 1 stone of it anyway!

x

Especially been hooked on caramel shortcake and peanut butter kitkats...i dont think i could go a day without one or the other :lol:

xx

I'm glad someone else is addicted to chocs. I'm worried I'm giving my baby diebetes! Still having my 5 fruit/veg a day though (just also having my regular sweet stuff too!)

yeah i have been having my fruit and veg too, just cant seem to shake the sweet tooth tbh, i'm not properly over doing it though, i'll have one or 2 sweet things a day but i HAVE to have something sweet every day its a must lol :lol:

xx

The amount you are meant to put on does dpend on your current size Kat.

2 and a half isn't crazily over. Just a bit over... and think if you have an 8lb baby followed by placenta, you soon lose 1 stone of it anyway!

x

Thanks hun, that makes me feel better! It's all on my tummy other than the swelling. I started at around 9 1/2 stone xxx

I have no idea, I am fiercely avoiding scales and don't look when the midwife weighs me (helps that she weighs in kg as I have no idea, I am a stone and lb kind of girl!) x

I read somewhere that we should expect to put on about 10-15lb in Tri 1 and 1lb every week thereafter. So 2 and a half stone is well under the 3 stone mark expected.

I guess it depends on your starting weight and height etc, but my mantra is that "weight gain helps minimise stretch marks" (which is true) so I'm eating away! :D
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back