• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much weight have you gained??

my midwife told me id gained 2 stone ! that was by 28 weeks, im 32 weeks now, i knew i had gained weight but not that much ! :(

lots of people have told me you lose it quite quickly after birth - i hope thats true and there not saying it just to make me feel better ! i suffer from pcos too so its harder to loose weight but easier to gain weight !!!

xxx

Do you follow a diabetic diet for your pcos? This is meant to help apparently. If you don't it might be worth asking your gp about being referred to a dietician after the birth xxxxxxxxx

You ladies have done well with the weight gain. I put on between 3.5-4 stone!!

I've lost just short of half of it in 8 days though so still a fair way to go!!

nope, not following any diet during pregnancy im just trying to eat the right things ? my midwife hasnt mentioned anything about my diet, maybe i will see my GP (shes useless) but worth a try, after baby is here my aim is to get back into shape had a lovely figure when i first met my OH from there it went down hill lol :) when i asked my GP about help to loose weight she suggested metformin which i know helps you conceive ! i wouldnt want another baby straight after my princess, Thank you

xxxx

I put on 4 stone!!! Eeek!! 9 days after birth and I've lost 2 of them - still got lots of work to do!! Can really feel the difference though! Xx

You ladies have done well with the weight gain. I put on between 3.5-4 stone!!

I've lost just short of half of it in 8 days though so still a fair way to go!!

my friend gained almost 6 stone by 6 months, losing that in 8 days is really really quick, i didnt think it would be that quick :) xx

i have put on 2 stone but cant really see where it has went lol! apparently im above average for my height (5" 6) but im all bump! still in alot of my pre-pregnancy clothes just got a big bump i think :) xxx

Im overweight for my 5ft 6in frame have been since my first son so far this pregnancy I've put on a stone, being very careful about not putting more on as my body is struggling with all the weight! As this is our last we only want two I know ill be super determined to lose weight after this baby!!!

I'm 5ft 1in, started at 8st 6lb went down to 7st now at 9st 7lbs. I wasn't pleased I lost so much weight but I had a very bad case of vomitting which went on until December Grrrr!

Iv gained just over a stone, gone up to 9 stone 9 which Im pretty happy enough with - hopefully its all baby and water weight so itl come off pretty quick after :/ fingers crossed!! Im quite tall too - like 5"6 and think iv actually lost weight around my face and on my legs however thats worked, just got a bump and a bit more bootilicious :p xxx

Last edited:
I lost a stone through sickness in the beginning. Have put that back on plus another stone!! Yikes. I prefer not to count the stone I lost though so let's just say I have put a stone on. Ha ha

being a large woman i weighed quite a bit for 5'10 but have only put on 5lb since the start. no idea how so little as i think iv eaten quite a bit x

i only put on a stone i think, i now have ribs that i havent seen for ages and can just about squeeze into pants i havent fit into for 2 yrs. i was like 21 stone while preg tho and so baby ate me instead of me eating for baby.

i must have been tasty too cos Alyssa was 10lb 14oz when born so i lost almost a stone ther in instant baby not to mention the water n extra fluids etc that add lbs while preg

I got weighed yesterday by a nurse and I instantly thought of this thread.
At 28 weeks +4 days I have put on roughly 2stone 5lbs.

Not great, but it could be a lot worse considering the addiction to chocolate that appeared when I got preggers!

I'm going to a MW appt in an hour and am going to ask her about my weight so will report back!! I was slap bang in the middle of normal bmi before pregnancy and have put on quite a lot so far - about 2.5 stone I think and I've still got a good few weeks to go! I am eating a mix of healthy food and far too much cake but I am starving all the time.... xx

I had an old fashioned MW who basically told me to stop eating so much cake and eat fruit instead...helpful! I have put on 17 kg (just over 2.5 stone) and the guideline is a maximum of 12kg... But she didn't seem too concerned - she just said that I needed to do lots of exercise and breastfeed when the baby comes! Feel like a right old fatty now. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back