How much milk?

kiansmummy

Reaction score
Should a 9 month old be having throughtout the day, my lo is really not intrested in bottles at all during the day. I use the formula to make his breakfast, an then offer him a bottle before he has his nap at midday but he refuses it, he still has one before bed at night and sometimes one in the night, is that okay???x

My LO has one when she wakes up, about 6oz, then if she has porridge thats another 4oz, shes started asking for one before her big midday nap, but she only has about 4oz of that and at night she sometimes has 2oz and sometimes has 7oz before bed. Her intake varies really.

Id say as long as your LO is happy and getting enough solid food then as long as he's getting some milk, I wouldnt worry about how much. :)

In my daughters red book she had a 9 month check and it says she was having 2 8oz bottles a day with 3 meals.
Charley's almost 7 months so a little younger than kian and he's having 3 8oz bottles but doesn't always take the whole 8oz's x.

My boy is 8.5 months and is on 3 milk feeds a day. BF morning and night and a 7oz bottle during the day which he doesn't always finish. I use milk in his breakfast and he eats lots of yoghurt and cheese too so I don't think he is going short. I think once they are on 3 decent solid feeds a day as well as occasional snacks they will naturally reduce their milk intake. Hope this helps. Gx

In my annabel karmel book it recommends 18-21oz until they are 1, zac probably has about 19oz. If you don't think he is getting enough you can get vitamin drops that will replace the vitamins he would be getting from the milk x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back