• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much milk when on solids?

babyjay1

Reaction score
Hiya, wondered if anyone knew much about what a 4 1/2 month old baby's milk intake should be. The reason i'm asking is coz i've already started weaning and i've heard lots of different things. He has baby porridge/rice in the morning and he also has a few spoonfuls of savoury in the afternoon and again at tea time.

I was told to replace formula with cooled boiled water after his lunch and dinner to stop him from gaining too much weight but i know how important milk is to babies, especially at such a young age.

I have looked on google but alot of it is based on weaning at 6 months. I really just want the best for my LO and don't want to deprive him of anything.

If you wean before 6 months it's more about taste and I wouldn't drop any feeds.

Between 6-7 months you start to reduce milk a little and the recomendations are between 21-28 oz daily depending on weight. you HV should be able to tell you more. :D

I went to a weaning class with my health visitors 2 weeks ago and I asked her the same. She said if a baby is having three meals a day then as long as they are getting 20 oz in 24 hours then that is fine as this is what they need to continue getting the nourishment. My baby was 18 weeks when I asked the question and on three small feeds a day.

Hannah

Thanks for your advise guys, i can be such a worrier sometimes!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back