How much is your council tax?

kirlykird

Reaction score
Just had our first bill since movin here in August ( after many months of chasing them may I add!!!! :evil: ) and they want £ 296 per month for the next 4 months! :shock: :shock:

My house is in band E and roughs out to around £175 pcm normally...does this sound right and how much do you all have to pay for your different councils?

Hi, that does sound alot :shock:

Not sure which band my house is in - we have a 2 bed semi in Cardiff and we pay £90 a month.

Hope that helps hun. xx

im on the housing register waiting for something to come up - im in band 3 but how are the house bands worked out?? am confuzzled!! :?

so it could be about right then :(

before I moved I was paying £110 and OH was living in Putney so was paying £45 pcm ( under Wandsworth SW London), one of the cheapest councils in UK for tax!

As you can see by the above figures, the increase is a slight shock to us both :shock:

Oooh nice bill!!

We're Band C - ours is about £120 pcm

....here's how you find out what band your property is www.voa.gov.uk click on 'council tax list 2005/2006 then follow the instructions, you can use this if you're thinking of moving too. Then go to your local council website, and find the council tax banding table to find how much you need to pay for the relevant band.

Its worked out on the value of the property about 20 years ago or something, should tell you on voa website how they work it out.

i dont pay council tax at the mo :D

my house still aint registered

i used to pay about £150 though

hello

we are tax code c and it £130 a month.

But unfortunatly it seams correct for you, as this will be calculated from the day u moved in to end of march!

:cry:

i think we are band b and we pay £96 a month for 10 months of the year.

By the way Rusks, off the subject, my dd has just been admiring your avtar! :D

mine is band E - we pay £54 a month.
But bear in mind ours is discounted because of me being a full time student.

dionne said:

Only problem with that is though, when it is registered it will be back dated!!

We kinda extended the truth about when we moved in to our new build so we didnt have as biga bill when it was finally registered - luckily we had put what we had worked out to be the monthly amount away every month so we paid the big bill, and now its £70 p/m and is band A I think as they go on what the property would have been worth about 10 years ago but still a bloody rip off!

dionne said:

You night be already......but make sure you put some money aside each month until you get your bill, because they will back date it.

We moved some tenants into a new development and the council didn't value & band the development until they had been in there for 6 months!!! They all got £700 bills for immediate payment, along with the remaining £400 that needed paying over the next 3 months - we got a lot of phone calls the day those bills hit the letterboxes! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back