• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much house work did you do.....

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
when your LO's were tiny??

This is following on from a thread i have done in adult about my mum nagging me about my house.

I honestly feel like I do as much as I can - James is still only 2 months old and demands a lot of my time. He doesnt really sleep loads in the day so I have half an hour slots usually where i run around emptying bins, loading and unloading dishwasher, doing bottles, putting washing in machine, hanging it out, putting it away, making food etc etc.

But I dont have loads of time to do stuff like wash my windows, hoover every other day - I try and get the hoovering and polishing done once a week etc etc

Am I lazy??

What did / do you ladies do when your babies were small??

when mine were tiny, i do the same as what i do now, do hovering and polishing every night and the washing, cleaned the toliet and bath every night thats even when they were just a few days old. i only do the windows about twice a month anyway and i just do the other things if they need to be done.(im just obsessed with cleaning though i love it, mad i know)
your not lazy i know people who don't do anything in their house(well maybe once a week) and they say they can't do it because they have a baby even though the child is 2 years old.

I do bottles, washing, dishes etc whilst Harry is asleep but the rest waits until Sean's in to watch kids and if it doesn't get done that day I'll do it the next, can't say it bothers me tbh, only fussy about my washing n ironing x

the bare minimum hovering every few days washing when i could be bothered and ironing when and what i needed dont worry about it hun they are only tiny for a short time housework will be there forever

washing gets done and dried but i must admit im a sod for getting it put away apart from lelands cos i like his all hanging in his wardrobe :oops:
washing up , bottles etc dailey , hoovering probably once or twice a week and hubby will prob do at least once of that. windows ? pah !

its very dependent on the LO. I think, Hannah slept for 2 weeks after she was born, but that was it - was awake all day after that and needed more and more attention as she got older. (so.. not much house work got done... big jobs like changing bed linin hardly ever got done by me! lol

Emily is STILL sleeping about 20 hours a day.. so if she had been my first i think id have done a hell of alot more because id be soo bored through the day lol.

(incidently.. i now have an almost 1 year old to keep me away from the house work lol)

Very little, and I still do very little now, Brad is always moaning at me but as far as I am concerned Clark comes first, we have a great time everyday playing and going to baby groups and stuff, and there will always be housework to do but my baby wont always be a baby! This should be the best time ever for you both so please dont go through it worrying about what everyone else thinks!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

usually I spent a couple of hours every week having a really big clean while OH watches Evie. i do the bathroom and the bedrooms and the hoovering etc.. then everyday i just keep on top of the washing up when Evie has her 15 minute nap...and I always spend about 20 mins cleaning up before I go to bed because I hate coming downstairs to a messy living room and kitchen in a morning.

NONE!! haha, my mum came round and did it :lol: :oops:

i used to be so meticulous (sp?) with cleaning but not any more. i still like clean but iv re-prioritised(sp?)!

We do a big clean every week in which we lift everything off floors, hoover and mop... do bathroom, kitchen... polish everywhere... recycling... etc etc then we just hoover when it needs it, washing daily and then just generally keep ontop of it all so that theres not really alot to do. Windows get cleaned every few months lol. Hubby helps with alot of it so im pretty lucky :)

We usually do a big clean at the weekend, and OH usually washes up a few bits when he cooks. I do laundry and iron in the evening when OH is home or if LO is happy entertaining herself.

I did Isaac's bits, ie his washing, bottles etc and cooked tea usually but that's about it, I don't care what people think/say, I am not dirty and nothing comes before my baby :D

I don't know what your Mum's said but if she doesn't like your house, pass her a duster and let her get on with it :wink: :hug: Very best wishes, enjoy your son, begger the housework :hug:

evemarie8 said:
Very little, and I still do very little now, Brad is always moaning at me but as far as I am concerned Clark comes first, we have a great time everyday playing and going to baby groups and stuff, and there will always be housework to do but my baby wont always be a baby! This should be the best time ever for you both so please dont go through it worrying about what everyone else thinks!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I agree! You will get even less done as they get older! Brody clings to my legs whenever I try to get anything done!! :lol:

Thanks ladies i feel much better now!

What would i do without you all.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I used to be obsessed with housework and cleaning :oops: When I worked full time, I used to spend my Saturday digging the house out. When I look back, I was crazy because it wasn't even dirty.... we were at work all week!!!

My priorities have totally changed now though, Jacob comes first.... not the housework and that's they way it should be! :D

When I first had him my mum helped out a lot. I'm quite lucky now though because at the moment he's having a 3 hour sleep each afternoon so I can get on with things if i'm home. I tend to do a room a day if I can (only if i'm not busy that is).

The daily things like bottles, washing up, clothes washing etc I just do even when he's awake, he's happy to sit in his chair. I'm lucky!

Don't worry about what other people think Jen, like everyone else has said.... just enjoy your son :hug:

i must admit it does get harder the older they get.. not because your tired and you cba to clean just coz ur occupied all the time. i was actually better at cleaning stuff in the beginning month or 2.. now im just doing the bare minimum to keep the house ticking by.. i really should be cleaning now lol...

every day i load the dish washer and do as much clothes washign as i can fit on the rads or line depending on the weather.. the basket is never ever empty though.. i clean the kitchen sides and sweeep the floor sweep the living room and clean the toilet and thats about it..the stairs get hoovered every few weeks..(we have laminte thro out up and down) my windows get done about once a year lol.. im really lazy when it comes to them, i used to clean them every few weeks but aint got the time now..

enjoy your baby.. they arnt small for long enough to worry about what ur mum thinks about the cleaning.. tell her mind ur own or come and do it for me.. lol..

Housework.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am quite good actually.... I only need 2/3 straight hours to do it in...and as long as someone can occupy the baby in that time... I can get it done. Often we have to relay...so I will start and when I stop to feed, DH will take over ... but as lil miss has taken to feeding every hour for the past week, its been impossible :roll: tbh I only clean when someone is coming over now... I live by one motto...

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
cos babies grow up we learn to our sorrow
so quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
cos I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep. :D

Squiglet said:
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
cos babies grow up we learn to our sorrow
so quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
cos I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep. :D

Thats so ace!

Im making a big sign out of that and sticking it on my kitchen wall for the next time my mum comes over.

Cheers Squig

:D

Screw the cleaning.

I used to so the washing up and bottes and stuff in some laundry but that was about it - i would wait until oh got in till i got on with hoovering and that etc - i fond it easier when they get older!

I do the bare minimum in our house, just race round when she is asleep doing a few bits and try for a big clean at the weekend when OH can help.
My friend embroidered that poem on a quilt for Eva when she was born its definately a motto to live by - youre never gonna say, 'well i wish i had spent more time cleaning' when James is all grown up! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back