Whos going back to work?

Looks like we are all returning soon then, wonder if the forum will be very quiet !
My mum is going to have Aimee for 2 days and she will go to nursery for one, im not keen on the nursery idea but know it will do her alot of good & mix with other babies.
I do want to work but fancy something completly different now, having a baby must of changed me.

Urchin your lucky only going back 1 day a week ! My work wont let me do any less than 3 :(

Em78 said:
how did it go this week winstanley? x

I hated it, i coudln't stand my job before i left because i was always on the phone ringing people and now i'm doing the same i can't stand it, if it carries on i'm going to find another job with less hours. or same.

Glad it went well for you em78

Oh my i'm sorry it didnt go well :(
i always said with my previous job i could never go back if i had a baby cos it was just too stressfull and i hated it.

Fingers crossed it gets better or you find a new job. leaving my old place was the best thing i ever did (save getting married and having Al of course!) sometimes you just need a push!

good luck

x

Looks like we are all returning soon then, wonder if the forum will be very quiet !

im bck at work but i am in the top 5 posters lol - ull never egt rid of me HA HA HA HA

apart from the week away wot will i do

You'll have to find an internet cafe sarah :wink:

I went back to work after 4 weeks, but I work from home so it doesn't really count. I'm supposed to be working now, but I have no motivation today :(

ild love a work from home type of job for my OH, i could do with some company :(
a whole yr off im bored already!!!!!!!!!! :wall:

Dionne what do you do if you don't mind me asking? xxx

Sarah_B's_mummy87 said:

im bck at work but i am in the top 5 posters lol - ull never egt rid of me HA HA HA HA

apart from the week away wot will i do

We dont want to get rid of you Sarah 8)

Iv changed my mind and only want to work 2 days now instead of 3, bet they wont let me.
Sorry you didnt have a good week winstanley, hopefully it will get better.... x

duds as i understand it they need really really good reasons to turn down your request to only work a certan number of hours.

do you have the brith to five book from the NHS. its orange and blue. of you do then at the back it has a whole section on flexible working for parents. P 136. if you dont have it i could scan the pages and email you over the weekend.

x

Em78 - do you mind scanning that page for me. I have asked work if I can work everyday, full time apart from Wednesdays where I have asked to work either half a day or have Wedensdays off.

The reason being, my Mum is having Heidi Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning and then she is having to go nursery Wednesday afternoon and Thursday and Friday. If work would only let me have 3.5 hours off on a Wednesday. They havent confirmed 'No' yet - But they are being quite ignorant and not returning my phonecalls and they did mention that they dont think it is possible.

I am due to go back end of August. Part of me wants to go back for the adult conversation and especially the money. I am so fed up with counting the pennies. Today I had to empty our 5p jar just so I could buy a bottle of wine for me and D/H. We have packed up smoking so I aint giving up everything!!! Its a good job we dont smoke, there is no way we would be able to afford it!

Thanks in advance Em

L x

No probs lisa, will do it when i get a sec over the weekend.

in your case i think they def dont have reason to turn it down as its only half a day. i have gone back to 18 ½ hrs when i was doing about 45!

theres loads of info in there about this sort of stuff.

x

Thanks if you could do that - that would be great.

Cheers

I'll let you know what happens!

L x

Thanks Em , yes I do have to book so will take a look...
It is terrible counting the pennies isnt it, we have been ok up til now but things are getting really tight & I am terrible at spending ! Doesnt help the fact OH has just bought a brand new BMW ! :roll:
urrrmm priorities?

Lisa, I dont see how your work can refuse that.... its hardly asking for much.

Awww i have a dilema my mums partner and my mum have said that they will look after my two little 'uns 5 days a week so i could go back to work full time which im really unsure about at the mo as i had only intended doing maybe 3 days a week but we do really need the money aswell and i cant really make up my mind what i want to do for the best and i only have a couple of weeks or so i think til the begining of june to decide :think: :?

Hi - yeah Duds you would think so wouldnt you! - I'm only asking for 3.5 hours off a week!!!!!!!

I know what you mean flossy - I could choose to do 3 days a week - but I really dont think we could afford it. Well, we could I know, but I dont want to be struggling with money - its not like I want to buy clothes and shoes and expensive perfumes - I just dont want to be in a supermarket having to buy the cheapest stuff. I get alot of my clothes etc from second hand shops - but i am already getting fed up of saying "can we afford to this or that" etc.

I'm not mateialistic but I dont want to be penny pinching either

I think as long as you do what suits you best you cant go far wrong. That said I am dreading leaving her and I will be a complete nightmare when I do, but I know in time I (and she) will get used to it.

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back