How much food for 9.5 month baby?

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to find out the quanity of food your feeding your LO's at this age. Ive been stressing recently as he is self feeding his lunch time meal and his snacks during the day & although I know hes eating his meals I still get worried hes not eating enough :?

At the moment he has:-

Morning
8oz of milk
3 desert spoons of porridge mix for breakfast

Snack
An organic bikki & rice cake

Lunch
3-4 Cooked chicken strips, cheese, big yogart, bread & butter, half a banana (mostly smeared everywhere and thrown on the floor!) or sometimes I do him stew or chicken broth with pasta (the amount of a small avent via cup) or sometimes 1 fish cake with vegtables.

Snack
8oz Milk and an organic bikki

Dinner
Same as lunch really but no finger foods as such, just stew or broth or fish cake and veg (again about the amount of a small avent via cup) followed by a big yogart and rice cake.
9oz Milk

Do you think hes eating enough?? He never cries for food so I assume im doing something right, just feeling paraniod at the moment, could be my pregnancy hormones again :roll:

xx

hun relax thats plenty. My 12 month old has only just started solids untill now has been just milk. If hes content and gaining(even if its hardly anything) then dont worry.x There bellies are so tiny at this age even bigger babies. chill

Wow, yes I think he is deffo eating enough :D

Yeah I would say he is eating enough, this is what Ella eats in a day

Early: 7oz bottle

Breakfast: Handful of Shreddies (my hand!), fruit - plum/few blueberries/grapes etc., sometimes a yoghurt

Snack (very occasionally): A couple of rice cakes/Organix crisps

Lunch: Half a sandwich/pitta/bagel with Dairylea, couple of bits of cheese, bit of ham, cherry toms, fruit/biscuit

Mid afternoon: 6oz bottle

Tea: What we are having e.g. pasta and veg, omelette, meat and mash etc. fruit/yoghurt for pud

Before bed: 9oz bottle

Thats defianitely enough! Ryan has porridge for breakfast, jar for lunch and home made dinner for dinner

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back