how much do u express?

kellylou

Reaction score
ok so have been trying to still bf alex and he seems to be ok he has 5 oz of aptamil before bed as my milk seems to go at night and he is vry fractious. today have been able to express but how much do u all express in one go?

it all depends with me. I can express anywhere from 1oz to 5oz in one go from just the one breast! It's mental but on average I would say I get a good 3-4oz from both breasts at one expressing sitting if that makes sense? I think it's pot luck half the time... xx

Hey hon, when I had Harrison I produced loads of milk and could express 8oz per day on top of feeding but with Elliot I struggle and can only do 2oz in one go and that seems like hard work. Elliot feeds loads and so I don't seem to have muvch left to express at all. I have done all breastmil for 6 weeks now and got to 12 weeks with no formula with Harrison cos I was expressing his evening bottles but not sure I'll make it to 12 weeks with no formula this time. x x x

maybe i have been worrying unnecessarily then as am getting about 3-4oz now I can express again

Sounds good to me hon - my milk supply has been affected by a post birth trauma (my scar bled and left some probs post c-section) and the medication I was on according my to HV and its hard work. Hoping now medication is finished that it will come up a bit x x x

reeally dont know what has happened with me it just stopped glad it seems to be building up again.

Really pleased for u hon. My boobs have the odd day where they feel really full but generally feel pretty empty :( Elliot's weight gain is great - he's held the 75th centile even when my supply has seemed low but I just don't feel like I'm producing enough this time round. Hoping it sorts itself out x x x

If I eat porridge or lots of oats, I could feed a small village, otherwise I run out by bed time x

I normally only manage 2-3 oz a day - G quite happily drains both sides almost every feed so not much left to express.

Have you girls tried fenugreek? I've found it really helps.

On the expressing front when I was using my tommee tippee pump I was managing about 3oz in 15 mins. Now I thought this was great but I've now got the Medela swing from my sis and my god what a difference! 5oz in 5-8 minutes!

Have you girls tried fenugreek? I've found it really helps.

On the expressing front when I was using my tommee tippee pump I was managing about 3oz in 15 mins. Now I thought this was great but I've now got the Medela swing from my sis and my god what a difference! 5oz in 5-8 minutes!

were u using tt manual? I am thinking of gettin a medela as really want to not give him any more formula after the drama this week and just getting things back to normal.

I was using the TT electric one. In comparison to the medala it's crap.

I also dont like with the TT one I can't see if anything is actually coming out my nips and once you get past the middle of the bottle you can't see how much you've expressed. I have to use a mirror or shout the OH to see.

Total agree, Medala Swing has been my life saver.
Yes lots of oats, i have porridge in the mornings and flapjack during the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back