how much to express?

weenik

Reaction score
I thought I'd try giving Dylan a bottle of EBM to see if he would take it, just incase I ever have to do it. I only expressed 2oz because it was just to test and he guzzled it down in about 2 mins, so I guess he's going to be ok at taking it! The only thing is, because I've been breastfeeding, I don't know how much I should express for one feed. I'm thinking of letting my mum watch him for one night so would like to know how much she should be giving him. Is there a way to work it out depending on their weight? Thanks x

Hi :wave:

Not sure about finding out from their weight but I used to just do 3 or 4 bottles of 4oz and then leave a box of formula as back up.

:hug:

I express as much as I can get out in about twenty mins - time is at a premium, and that is usually in the region of 4 oz. This seems to satisfy my LO for a feed, but i only manage to express one or sometimes two bottles a day. I wish I could increase but find it doesnt seem to increase despite the fact that i express every day and several times a day when i have to work. :(

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back