How much blood is considered more than just spotting??

Anna B

Reaction score
I know it is possible to spot a bit at around this time, but how much should I be OK about??

My discharge is a bit brown, and its pink when I wipe (Too much info, sorry, but I am worried), not too pink, pale transparent pink (like the thin stretchy discharge, just pale pink not completly colourless - TMI again, sorry!)

Is this OK? Or should I be calling someone?

I dont think it would hurt to call someone, even if it's just to put your mind at rest.

:hug: :hug:

Anna,

I have no idea if what you're experiencing is "normal" or not, but if you're worried, then call NHS Direct and they'll advise you, or go to your nearest hospital with a maternity unit for advice.

I'll be thinking about you, so please let us know how you're getting on. If you want to talk on here, I'll try my best to respond tomight and/or tomorrow. I'm sure we all stress ourselves out at this early stage, even without spotting, so it's understandable that you're concerned.

Good luck and I hope it just turn out to be one of those normal, pregnancy things.

Wendy
xxx

If you are concerned I would call NHS helpline. They can offer you advice but most of the time when you ring in they will ask you to go to hospital and get checked out. I had some spotting at around 12 weeks but there wasn't that much of it. Everyone is different though so it is hard to tell!! Hope everything is ok x

Yip more than likely normal..but I say call EPU anyway...make you feel better by getting professional advice, Good luck let us know how you get on :hug: lv Yvonne xx

Thanks for the replys ladies, and sorry for not letting you know how I am sooner.

The spotting stopped after a few hours, I read up on it in a book Paul got me, and it says that light spotting is common, so I'm not too woried now. I think I will call someone if it happens again though, it was scary!

i had it on and off up to 16 weeks hun and sometimes it was quite heavy so dont worry hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back