How many warning signs did you get....

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
before going into labour?

I have hardly had any braxton hicks or anything - bubs seems very comfy in here!

So i was wondering whether this was a sign that i will be going over my due date.

Did you mummies have lots of cramps / BH's etc before labour actually began or did it just start from out of the blue with any of you?

I didn't have BH with either of mine....no build up to the labours in any way.

With my first my bump dropped noticably in the last week and I just felt like it was getting close...I don't know why. On the Friday I said to DH that the baby would be here by Monday, he was born on Sunday Morning, 3 days before EDD. The only sign I had was my show 7hrs before he was born.

With number two my contractions came out of nowhere, I couldn't feel them at first but I was having a trace done at 9.30am and they were being picked up... I started feeling them as 10.15am once we had left the hospital and baby was born at 12.45pm! Very fast, just made it to hospital in an ambulance, but it was almost on the kitchen floor!

Nada! Then went 2 weeks over and was induced, birth was fine though xx

I had BH for several weeks before birth but in the last 2 weeks they got quite strong and more regular to the point I thought "this is it" a couple of times then they would just die off. I'd say the biggest sign for me came a couple of days before I had him, I had a constant back ache and just couldn't get comfortable. I barely slept and spent most of the time lent over the breakfast bar in the kitchen rocking from side to side as that was the only thing that seemed to ease the pressure off my back! It gradually got stronger and stronger and then started the contractions, but even they were felt more in my back, like the dull ache you get from period pain. I was exactly a week overdue when I gave birth in the end, and those final few days seem like the longest days of your life - they drag so bad cos you are so big and uncomfortable and just wanna meet your little one! Good luck x

NONE! :rotfl: The only things were that I had a lot of mucusy discharge 4 days before having the baby but as you can lose your plug 2 weeks or so before having the baby I didn't think much of it.
The day before I also had mild backache in the evening but put it down to the walk I did during the day!

think had them from 34wks up till i have birth lol!
suppose everyone is differnt

when i was at ur stage i'd had no signs whatsoever. at 39+5 i started pre-labour i think, i had cramps with peaks (thought they were contractions lol) some "goo"! and heavy feeling and a sense that i "just knew" i gave birth 2 days later on due date x

I had a show 2 days before I gave birth and pre labour (lower back ache and cramps) came at 38 + 5/6 and I had her at 39 weeks :D

I logged off here, went for a P and had my show, waters ruptured and contractions started, no signs before that, he was 4 days early according to EDD :D

I had B/H in both pregnancy sinse about 4 months. I have atleast 10 a day. They dont hurt but are uncomfortable.

The only signs i really got was having the 'runs' for about 3 weeks proir giving birth. (going the toilet like 2-3 times aday)

then i had period pains for 24 hours before they became painful contractions, then i lost my plug.... then i was in hospital :)

I had no signs at all. Both times my day went as usual and though I was looking for signs , especially the first time, I noticed nothing till I was woke in the middle of the night with niggly pain then contractions.

i had an upset tummy that i thought was just my ibs saying it had enough of hossy food . i had heavy discharge but no show . few period pains but nothing really

i was 2cm dilated when they went to induce me , they just broke my waters instead !
(not bad for 34 weeks lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back