Quick Question

Charlotte & Emily

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

Just a quick question to all you mummys out there
Before you went into labour did you have any symtoms
i.e. menstrual cramps, increased discharge (Sorry TMI), lots of braxton hicks and lots of pressure in cervix?
im due on friday and got all these i even cleaned the living room today (thats where me and baby are sleeping as im still at home and share a room with my sister) and im usually really lazy, i sorted out all my baby stuff and even ironed all the baby clothes :?

charlotte x

I had a "show" about a week before with my first, lots of branxtons every time i walked or did anything and a urge to clean.

The biggest symptom apparently is upset tummy, i was on the loo constantly for 3 days before i went into labour1

:D

I didn't get any of the symptoms you've described. I just had a show when i'd been for a wee. Then later in the day my water broke (a trickle not a gush like in the movies!). I did have an upset stomach tho which made me happy cos I'd been really worried about pooing myself during labour!! :oops:
But the cleaning thing may be your body's way of preparing you...... so be ready!!! I'll be thinking of you anyway good luck xx

The only thing I had was a show which was a week after my due date but nothing happened and I was induced at 12 days overdue.

I had a show about a week before, then a couple of days befoe i started to get lots of pressure and watery discharge. Also the urge to clean the day my water broke.

I went for a number two loads the week prior to the birth, not diarrohea just lots of times!

Never had any of the symptoms you mentioned, although I did have a show at about 7 in the morning and had been having contractions since 3am the day I was in labour.

Good luck!

I had no symptoms that I wasn't feeling anyway at times (braxton hicks and mild period pains and leg pains). I just suddenly went into labour after a hard weekend. The day before we went swimming and for a walk up a hill, then on the day I had a 3hr band rehearsal, then I went for a lie down and got straight back up because I had a contraction as soon as I led down. I had some blood loss (obviously a show) after a couple of hours and it was then that I phoned delivery and went to hospital. My labour was only 8 hrs in all. My waters had to be broken eventually.

in hindsight i had period like cramps a week before and increased discharge.

on the actual day i felt incredibly tired like worse then normal. :sleep:

I was tired on the day too. I think it was from all the activity that weekend. I could hardly concentrate on what was going on I was that tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back