EARLY SIGNS.

NIE

Reaction score
Hi mum's :wave:

Just wondering if you had any early signs that labour was close.

I know that some women get the runs, but are there any signs to look out for like extra wind a week before or stomach pains when you laugh.

Did you have a feeling that you only had a few days left before the contractions began. xxx

Isaac was 10 days late so I had alot of contractions that came and went for a good week before I started labour properly. When I went into labour I had a big contraction that woke me at 2:30am and then I had a show and before I knew it (nearly 24hours of labour later) he arrived!

Lou :D

i had the runs and heavy discharge (sorry!) for a month before.. i was convinced i was gonna go anyday...but i went 2 days over due before labour started. (and then actually gave birth +4!)

the weekend before i had my 4th i seemed to have loads of enery and went round the whole house tidying up loads. i didnt have the runs till i was actually in labour

With DS I had a mad tidying spree (we'd just moved house though) and on the Monday I was determined that I had to sort through all his clothes and get them into the drawers ready (even though I wasn't due for another 4 weeks). On the Tuesday I blew up all over with really bad fluid retention and was finding it really tiring even to walk, that night I was worried I had DVT or something because one calf was bigger than the other. I was going into my mums house (she lives next door) with my trousers hoiked up for her opinion :lol: Then that night I was a bit uncomfy with back ache in the night and the following morning I went into labour and DS arrived at 12.32pm on the Wednesday.

i had mini-contractions in pre-labour about 36 hours before real labour started (it was "effacing pains" apparently) and i kinda just KNEW, you know? mums intuition perhaps! lol

I was in the fowlest mood ever the day before my waters broke for no reason whatsoever.

Absolutely nothing... Nothing at all that would have indicated that Tia was about to make her entrance to the world...

She was born on the Sunday afternoon, and on the Saturday night my ex invited loads of his friends round... they were smoking and drinking and I just didn't feel up to it... so I went into the nursery and got the sudden urge to repack the hospital bag because I was sure I was missing something... I had the induction booked for the Wednesday, so not too unusual... but then the next morning I woke up in severe pain, contractions every 2/3 minutes, mucus show.. etc.. and was off to the hospital... Tia was born later that day. Just like Tia when her heart is set on something she is going to do it there in then, whether I like it or not.. :rotfl:

trixipaws said:
i had mini-contractions in pre-labour about 36 hours before real labour started (it was "effacing pains" apparently) and i kinda just KNEW, you know? mums intuition perhaps! lol

exactly what trixi says! also, pain in lower back and upper thighs... and of course, quite a lot of show.

xx

I was just really fed up and really grumpy the day before, stomping round slamming doors & picking fights! That might just have been because I was a week overdue though!

my mum said u will go off food or wont want to eat much . my mil to be said something but she was wrong. she thinks shes right in everything but shes not and shes very very stubborn :wall:

i did go off food could only stomach a little but then in morning waters broke by force of me with Emily pushing so hard and gave birth the Friday morning.

Thanks. I'm just wondering what my early signs will be. xxx

I couldn't sleep. I had my midwife appointment on Wednesday and had elevated BP, so she told me to go to the hospital and book myself in. Off I went, only to find that it was normal again and they sent me home.

Wednesday night I just couldn't get comfy...tossed & turned....couldn't turn off and sleep. Thursday I felt groggy - more than simply tired - and Thursday night was exactly the same as Wednesday. I ended up going downstairs to sleep on the sofa because I kept waking OH up.
Woke up Friday feeling really pants and tired. Friday night was more of the same and so for a treat I decided to have a bath on Saturday morning.

...and as I was running the bath, my waters broke. Still had my bath though! :D

Erin was born the next day - Sunday at 22:40 by emergency c-section and 4 days early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back