How many OZ's???? Please help!

babyslog

Reaction score
Last night i made the deicsion to no Longer BF..
Hard choice.. But anyway!

I need ur help!

How many ozs and how often should i feed him!!
E was on my boob 24/7!!! Hence stopping they are in agony bleeding etc..

He was 9lb9.5oz born . Weighed 8lb 15oz yest what would u recommend??
Ive given roughly 2oz / 30ml every 2 hrs.. He seems to drink it all ist enough!?
Hes been really sick once off it and thru what looks like the whole thing up!
Im stopped half way into bottle and windong and checking nappy if it needs changing.

BFing women is bk this morning cos yest i said i was having problems.. I hand expressed 20ml yest but i seriously ant touch my boobs or nipples any longer.. Ive been crying dreading te next feed cos it hurts so much! They are cracked n all sorts n cream isnt helping them cos he wants bk on it 2 soon for cream to feel like its soothing.
Im worried now shes guna be a right cow to me today cos it was literally 10am crying to my mum n OH when i made the decision.. :( it was hard but hes had 4 days an alot of milk from me!!

Xx

The general rule is if he's draining a bottle, make up next bottles with an extra oz and see what he takes. Also you're doing all the right things by winding 1/2 way through etc... Xxx

Was a few years ago, but my son was 9lb3 at birth and I couldn't keep up with the breast feeding, so swapped to bottle feeding. As Diane said, just give him a bit more till you figure out what he can take. i found with my son he took about 4oz, and went 3-4 hours between feeds. Sleeping through the night by5 weeks!

It's really hard with a big baby, so don't let the midwife bully you. It's your decision. X

Better to waste a little than to have to make up another bottle immediately after??

So I'd make up maybe 3-4oz's (one or two more than you are giving him now) and see how that goes.

xxxx

Last edited:
Thanks girls hes been having 3oz today but hae noticed after an hr hes wanted a top up so tomorrow ill try him on 4oz xx

Hey Dani, the guidelines say (not that I pay much attention to most of them!) that a little one should have 2.5 x times his/her weight in oz...so if your baby weighs 10lb, they should be drinking 25oz each day, spread over however many bottles.

That's probably a good place to start :) xx

My lb has had between 2 and 4.5ml every 2-4 hours since he was around 10 days depending how long he goes between feeds the more he will drink xx

My son is on 4 oz and has been since 8lbs, hell move up to 5oz when hes around 11lbs hes thriving, and youll probably get your lo to 3-4hoyr feeds instead of two hourly

Hey girls, Noahs doing great! 3-4hr gaps between feeds and on 4oz, some he doesnt quite finish but im happy an he seems it aswell :)
Hes sleeping fab and only woke up once last night at 3.30am for a bum change n bottle. And just woke up now :) xx

Babyslog your profile picture is just too cute have you had that done professionaly?x

Babyslog your profile picture is just too cute have you had that done professionaly?x

Hey hun, Yeah OHs aunty and uncle and a photography business and they took some piks of Noah :)
This one was one of my favs so took it on my phone while she was snapping away :)
Cant wait to see the rest!

Will upload them when they come through :) xx

Awww thats brill its such a lovley picture!!! Bless!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27