How many ounces???

luratraloora

Reaction score
I am formula feeding 90% of the time and 10% of the time expressed. Lily feeds every 3 hours so 7 - 8 times in 24 hours. She is 5 weeks old and 7 lb 9 oz. How many ounces should she be having a feed? Currently she will have 3 - 4 oz but will have more if Iet her! Im worried Im giving her too much. All she does in between her feeds in mostly cry.

Let her have as much as she wants. She wouldn't take it if she didn't want to.

If she's crying for milk why haven't you given her more?!????

Last edited:
I agree if she's hungry feed her. She will only take what she needs. My boy is 12weeks he usually has 6oz hungry baby every 4 hours. But other days he will cry between feeds cuz he hungry so I feed him. Feeding on demand works well for me.

Hi laura

I found this useful.... Apparently up to 3mnths old - approx guideline says 2.5oz per lb weight. So my LO is 10lbs and so should have approx 25oz. Which is about right...

He has 3-4oz every 3hrs (8 feeds per day) so he tends to have between 22-26oz in 24hrs.

Hope this helps...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 31
My hv said to treat the bottle like the boob and let him have as little or as much as he wants! If he's acting hungry, looking around quickly, nuzzling and goes mad for ur finger if u offer it then I make a bottle, regardless of how long it's been since his last one, especially when he was little! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back