How many ounces does your LO drink?

natalie_staffs

Reaction score
Erin is nearly 12 weeks old now and she is on 7 ounce bottles 3 hourly.

how old, how much and how ofter does your LO have?

btw she is on cow and gate step 1, do you think i should put her on the hungry baby milk?

xx

Ryan is 14 weeks (weighed 16lb 4oz at 13wks) and takes 6 - 7oz's every 3 hours between 7am and 7pm (5 a day), and 2-3 oz's when he wakes in the night (usually just once a night).

Thinking it might make him ditch the 4am bottle, I tried him with the hungry baby milk in his last bottle before bed earlier this week but for some reason it made him wake up 3 times during the night hungrier than ever!!

He's quite content on C&G 1 so we're back on that all the time now.

Isla is nearly 6 weeks and is on 6ozs every 4 hours (with a 6 hour stretch overnight....most nights!).

My HV advised against hungry baby formula because apparently it doesn't contain the extra calories a hungry baby needs (she did say I can check the tin....I haven't, I just took her word for it!). Apparently it just forms a thicker goo in baby's tummy that takes longer to digest and can cause other problems like constipation. Not sure how true this is (she's a fiend for BF so I think she told me this so I'd be put off bottles under the impression I'd be making up hundreds each day)!!!

helenness said:
Isla is nearly 6 weeks and is on 6ozs every 4 hours (with a 6 hour stretch overnight....most nights!).

My HV advised against hungry baby formula because apparently it doesn't contain the extra calories a hungry baby needs (she did say I can check the tin....I haven't, I just took her word for it!). Apparently it just forms a thicker goo in baby's tummy that takes longer to digest and can cause other problems like constipation. Not sure how true this is (she's a fiend for BF so I think she told me this so I'd be put off bottles under the impression I'd be making up hundreds each day)!!!

Yep this is true and it's really only intended for babies that are downing a full bottle and demanding more very shortly after. 7oz every 3 hours sounds pretty good - I think Becky was taking about 6oz at that age.

Isla is 10 weeks and has 4-5 oz 3 hourly, sometimes more, sometimes less :D

Molly is 12 weeks too and has 4 6oz bottles a day. She sleeps pretty much 12 hours so it's kind of every 4 hours during the day.

One HV told me this is not enough and another told me it's too much. :roll:

Josh is 8 weeks and drinks about 30-34 oz over 24 hours, usually 5oz bottles every 3-4 hours

Im sure i replied earlier?! :think:

Lola has four 7 ounce bottles a day! (sleeps through 12 hours then has one every 4 hours)
Shes just over 12 weeks! :D

Lily is just over five months and drinks about 30 - 35oz per day. She has a 7oz bottle at 8ish, 11ish, 2ish, 6ish and 11ish. She is on hungry baby formula but recently has stopped draining her bottles so I'm wondering whether to put her back onto number one formula. She also has to have two sachets of gaviscon in each bottle :(

Weaning in three weeks!! :D

Ollie is 12 weeks on wednesday and is having either 6oz or 7oz bottles 6 times in 24 hours. If we start the day with the first bottle at 6.30 or 7am. it seems to fall into place and he pretty much sleeps through (im sure i will have a horrendous night now ive typed that!)

About 15 oz a day. Before weaning (4 weeks ago) she drank about 22oz a day, shes never been that bothered about milk to be honest, she'd quite happily do without. She's only had 6 oz so far today.

Thanks for all the replies.

I guess she is doing okay then, she does have to have 2 sachets of gaviscon in each feed too tho which thickens the milk so surely 7 ounces is quite alot for her age. I think maybe i will have to wean her at 4 months. My son was totally different and not a hungry baby at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back