How many of your tore during labour?

I tore in 2 places. It took about 3 weeks to get back to feeling normal. I would recommend to have your first few wees in your bath (my m/w recommended this) it doesn't sting as much!! Also have a bowl of jug handy to pour down there when you wee on the toilet as that helps too!!! Badedas in the bath helps with healing the stitches and it also makes your skin lovely and soft!!

I was really worried about the whole labour and tearing thing but it honestly isn't as bad as what you imagine - I am broody again already!!!!

Xxx

I had a second degree tear. But it did not hurt at all. It felt like when you have some trousers too tight that tear on your bum when you bend down lol

what did hurt though were my stitches that got infected twice plus i had 3 or 4 piles as big as apricots and i was sitting on my piles before sitting on my bum and i can tell you i cried a lot !!!! It took me ages though to recover from my stitches and my piles, it took at least 7 weeks.

I had deep tears from front to back inside & ou, I had a whopper though (9lbs 14oz) . I had no idea i'd torn until the midwife told me.
I was petrified to poo for ages after, still am a bit now so I make sure I eat loads of fibre!
My bits still aren't right down there but alot beter than they were. It took a good 10 days for the stitches to fall out but my perenium took longer to heal properly.
It also hurt to sit or stand for too long :roll:

I had episiotomy with Rebecca, the recovery of that was worse than the labour :shock: She wasn't even that big - 8lb 8oz, and now I think they have sewn me back up too tight, as OH's willy is too big 2 get in, its agony (sorry tmi :oops: )

KX,

After reading all about the horrific tearing your post made me cry with laughter rather than fear! Thank you! LMAO!

Kat x

Ohhhh Kx sorry just realised how that sounded, not laughing at your pain, that most be horrid sorry! :oops:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT IM SCARED OUT OF MY WITS AT ONLY 11 + WEEKS :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

(ps my sister rubbed vitamin e cream into her bits and didnt tear once)

It sounds mad and wrong but when you get to that final bit of labour you really won't be thinking about your fear of tearing you'll just be thinking "one more push and that could be it I want my baby now!" and afterwards you have the most amazing little new being in your arms so that all of the stuff that might go on tends to happen in a bit of a haze- honestly! I mean usually you'd be totally focussed on what was happening to your bits but frankly I was so dazed and amazed at this little boy who was suddenly, finally here that I had to ask my Mum what had happened afterwards as I didn't really know!

I tore inside but didn't need stitches. I was worried about pooing too but I managed to get some fruit and fibre for breakfast and got my DH to bring in a big bag of prunes and it was ok! I weed in the bath for quite a while as it was much nicer! I guess the stinging pain was gone in a few weeks but the dull ache was there for months and even at 7 months now I have a stretching pain when we <ahem> get to it to begin with but I think part of that if me tensing up at the thought of pain. Frankly my piles were more painful, if you think you have those get some Anusol asap and eat lots of fibre. I suffered for a couple of weeks before going to the Dr with them as I was embarrased about her looking there but to be honest she must have looked for all of 10 seconds so it wasn't bad at all and that cream works! You can get it from the chemists of course anyway.

Hmm, not sure if I've scared again! The thing is (and my sis in law has 6 weeks to go and is worried about this stuff too, as was I!) that what you can't really get your head around before you've given birth (and I was so terrified about all this too) is that by the end of it you have a gorgeous baby and the emotions that flood in at that point tend to overcome all of whatever has gone before. Also I felt like my brain shut down during labour and my body took over- kind of like being far away inside yourself. Each stage, each contraction is one closer to meeting someone who you will love unconditionally for the rest of your life! It's worth it!

+++

Katastrophic hun no offence taken. Glad it made you laugh :wink: The problem makes me cry with pain! :oops: lol

Trust me if labour was that bad why do women keep going thru it? Believe me I'd go thru it again, the end result is worth it (and I'm not talking about a tightly sewn up you know what!!) but the baby! :wink:

Lydia got stuck so they gave me a little episiotomy, but she was still stuck, so they cut me again, and then I tore anyway.
Third degree tear. I don't know how many stitches but it was bloody painful.
It hurt for at least 6 weeks. It was still a bit sore at Lydia's 6 week check.

ETA: it really is worth it though when you have your beautiful baby. I wouldn't be TTC again if it wasn't worth it ;)

My fears of labour were having epidural, c section, assisted delivery or episotomy/tearing. My labour went pretty well considering it was 5 weeks early until it came to pushing, Abi was back to back and i couldn't get her out, after 3 hours of pushing they decided to do forceps, by this point i didn't care and just wanted her out, they did the episotomy and then the forceps, i must admit when they pulled her out it hurt like hell, afetr the delivery i retained the placenta and had to go to theatre to have it manually removed, basically you have someones hands right up inside you prising the placenta away from the uterus wall so you can imagine how sore and bruised i was after, i'm not sure how many stitches i had but there was loads, i used ice packs for the 1st 48 hours and took paracetomol, i thought i'd be in a lot more pain than i was but when you find a way of sitting it's not too bad, i had an horrendous pregnancy and birth and nearly died in the process, i lost loads of blood and it was thought i'd need hystorectomy luckily i didn't, after all that i still want another baby, it's true what they say once its over you forget, when you have your little bundle in your arms it'll all be worth it. :)

:oops: I had a torn libia? a little tear well looked big to me but didnt need stiches as was told it would heal its self it never has, and my sons 4 months now, it hurt a tiny bit but Iwas too interested enjoying my wee son to worry about it they do take yer mind of it XKelX

I tore as Seren came out with her hands by her face, I could have had stitches if I wanted but there was no real need. Also had 2 grazes. My OH saw me tear, but I didn't feel anything - just wanted her to come out so couldn't have cared about anything else. The only pain I had was going to the loo after, take a jug of warm water and pour whislt weeing.

I had an episiotomy and then tore massively both inside and out. Had to have loads of stitches and also had piles as big as a fist. I couldn't walk properly or sit for the first 3 months and it was six months until I felt vaguely normal. I thought I was alone so it's heartening to hear other tales of woe.

OMG i'm more concerned about the piles!

I thought i had a sh**ty time of it with my 3rd degree tear. Luckily i had a spinal as they thought they were gonna do a c-section if he wouldn't come out vaginally. This took away any pain at the time and meant that the hour in theatre being stitched up after losing a litre of blood was all a rose-tinted high (must have been the peth!)

Wasn't until i got home (after lying about the when and what of my poo so i could get out of that hell hole) that i saw the atrocity of it.

Forced myself to look after 3 days and saw a gaping hole - the whole bloody thing had opened up. After being rushed to hospital the consultant (with the aid of a diagram and gesture) informed me that it would be best if we let it heal from the inside out.

It did heal and its fine now - albeit a bit painful during the first thrust of cuddle sorry TMI :oops: . Mind you i found some stitches in my bum last week which had refused to dissolve so had to have them tugged out in theatre.

Upside though is that there's a 1-5% chance of it happening again and if does theres a 30% risk of incontinance - nice. Those odds might seem reassuring but the odds of a 3rd degree tear are 1% - lucky us!!! So get doing your kegels...

What the hell i'd do it all again for a baby as lush as Jacob xxx

I started got piles in the last trimester of pregnancy....and they kinda still haven't gone :oops:
I've tried 2 different types of creams but neither of them work (one of them was prescribed, the other was germoloids)...but the piles don't hurt at all so it could be worse.
Anyone know what might work?

sorry I've kinda veered off from the subject.

Sorry Xena all iknow of is the one on the ad on TV - there must be natural remedies you could try maybe at Holland & Barratt or have you looked online?

:)

no i havent tried online yet but i'm gonna have a gander. just thought i'd see if anyone had any recommendations before i look. thanks anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back