How many of your tore during labour?

Eveadel

Reaction score
Just wondering.

Also, how long was you uncomfortable for?

Me!!!
First birth... had episiotomy - recovered quickly but got an infection.
2nd birth.... tore a wee bit - no stitches.
3rd birth.... tore and got stitches - recovered quickly without infection.

Emilia xx

im dreading incase that happen!!!!

my sister in law tore and had stitches and when she went to the loo she had to poor luke warm water down there cause it was so sore :oops:

Hi,

I never tore but I did have a few grazes. It stung for about 2 weeks after the birth everytime I had a pee.

Rachel xx

I didn't tear with my first but I had a graze which I aggrivated by using cheap crappy maternity pads and it got so sore that I nearly passed out every time I moved.

Not certain if it was down to almond oil but I rubbed it in religeously to prevent tearing and am doing it again this time. Figured it can't do any harm!

In fact I remember focussing and waiting to feel the pain/stinging from tearing when I got to the point that he was about to be born and was really surprised that I didn't feel it!

Tan x

i have torn badly with both of mine and needed stitches and im expecting it this time too.

hevwithbump said:
my sister in law tore and had stitches and when she went to the loo she had to poor luke warm water down there cause it was so sore :oops:

exactly the same as what i had to do with both of mine :oops:

I tore and had 3 stitches, then I got bleeding into the wound and a blood clot so I had to get cut open in theatre. My stiches fell out after a couple of days and they refused to restitch, so it's only just healing now, 5.5 months later :(

I had an episiotomy with my first and a tear with my second.

I expected to be really in pain while the tear was healing but it was fine, the episiotomy was more painful for me which was weird. :?

I had a 2nd degree tear and grazed badly. The stitches rubbed against the graze and made it really really sore. It was like a massive moon crater ulcer and the pain when I peed was unbelievable. I swear (and I even said this at the time) that I would have rather gone through birth again than go for a wee. I used to sit on the side of the bath and run the shower over my bits, but even that didn't help. It was agony. I was still in tears 2 weeks later and ended up showing my mum. It got infected (didn't smell very nice) and the stitches went all soggy so the MW took them out, then the graze could finally start to heal.
I remember trying to sleep after Ella was born and not being able to close my legs because I was so swollen down below. The tearing/grazing was the worst thing for me.

God and I want to do it all again????? :shock: :shock: :wink:

i had a very tiny tear but just went back together so stictches needed, was sorce for a couple of days that was about it, at one point thought i was getting an infection but cleared up on its own.

I drink raspberry tea about 6-5 weeks before i was due that is suppose to help you not tear or if you not as bad

I drank raspberry leaf tea from when I was 32 weeks. I'm certain it was responsible (and to thank) for my decent labour and short 2nd stage, but it didn't help with my lady bits. I think next time I'll be massaging with almond oil!!

I had an episiotomy with my first and I remember it being ages before I could sit down comfortably and it took about 6 weeks to heal.
With my second I was worried I would have to have another episiotomy but I only tore so it healed much quicker and was definatley not as uncomfortable.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I didn't tear, no raspeberry leaf tea, no massaging, just short pushes and then lots of panting, slowly, slowly pushed him out which apparently stopped me tearing. But then I did only give birth to a 5lb 13oz baby which might be why? A full termer could a totally different story :shock:

Tore a tiny bit, had a couple of stitches... when the nurse was sewing me up my mum said I must have a bucket because Zack was such a big baby (9lb 10 1/2) and I hardly had any stitches.... yeah thanks for that mum :roll:

i tore But coz B's heart beat dropped to 60 was more worried about getting him out safe that tearing!
i tore really badly they wanted to take me to theatre but i refused it took em ages to stitch me up (hurt loads as couldnt put local in all the places they needed to)
after it was sore but no one could believe how well i was sitting , as i was sityting like normal nearly gave MW heart attack on the fri (b born wed) as i was walking and sitting like i hadnt given birth especially with so many sticthes
was scared of goin poo tho i wouldnt go for the first 4 days lol :oops:

i read the first few posts.... can't read any more!!! shouldn't have opened this post it's really scared me now! the baby has to come out one way or another... i don't want a c section so i'm going to have to go through labour...

x

by the time it happens ull just want it out u wont worry bout things like that u will be fine hun

I tore and had stitches they kill especially when you go to the loo! :oops:
But feeling much better now. lots of hot baths later...!!! :roll:

rosieroo said:
The tearing/grazing was the worst thing for me./quote]

it was same for me!!!! :shock:

It took 3 to 4 weeks to settle down with lavender and tee tree oil in the bath, but it still does feel uncomfortable sometimes, when I wee, or when we get cosy cosy with DH!!! :(
I now need to use some cream to keep it moisturised otherwise it gets worse! (sorry TMI!) :oops:
And it's now 4 months!
I really hope it will get better!
by the way, I had several (don't know how many,m they refused to tell me!!!! :think: ) tears 2nd degree!

Mel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back