how many had spotting in early pregnancy? UPDATE MORE Q's p2

trixipaws

Reaction score
i didnt the first time- not one single tiny dot of blood until i was in labour and had my show!

this time i am spotting on and off, not very much and mostly brown but sometimes red. no cramps but permanent mild dull ache like i had when i was pregnant with millie.

what do y'all think? please be honest! because i only got BFP yesterday, and have swung drastically over 24 hours from being utterly devastated to being super excited! i dont want to get too much thinking about names, how life will be, etc etc etc if it looks like it might not happen- if i get my hopes up it'll be harder if something bad happens. i just associate blood and early pregnancy with m/c, so i'm worried :(

i need to be prepared so please tell me if u had any and whether u m/c or went on to have full term LO's

thanku :)

I didn't have any spotting but i know a lot of people who did and went on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies :hug:

awww hunny, i know i cant advise on whole of a pregnancy but i had spotting/dark brown discharge (like my period was going to start) from about 4-12 weeks, at 10 weeks it was red blood for a day or two, at 13 weeks i had a massive bleed, but baby is still doing just fine, and have had nothing since

get in touch with a midwife/gp if youre at all concerned :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

With both Tia and lil miss I had major bleeding. With Tia the doctors at the hospital told me I'd miscarried cos there was so much blood, clotting and pain. It wasn't till I went back for a D&C because I was still bleeding and cramping that they realised that I was still pregnant.

But I went on to have two perfectly healthy daughters. Tia has Poland syndrome (shes missing the pectoral muscles on her right shoulder and its underdeveloped in terms of size), and there was a theory that it was caused by the interruption of foetal blood supply to her shoulder at the time of development.... but I know other people with Poland Syndrome and their mothers didn't have any spotting or bleeding... And I had bleeding all the way into my 2nd tri with lil miss and she has no problems :)

Take it easy and drink plenty of fluids. Try and be as lazy as possible. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I bled on and off between 9 and 22 weeks. It's so worrying but when it happened I actually found out it's quite common. :hug:

i bleed on and off from 6 weeks to 15 weeks and quite heavy at times

I had spotting at 7 weeks (overexecise at the gym) and again at 9 weeks, still had a healthy full term baby.

Sandi

I've had spotting a few times in this pregnancy and so far our bubba is doing fine :hug:

I had spotting in first tri and you know how things turned out for me :)

I opted to not have an early scan and simply waited and let nature take its course. I accepted that it it wasn't meant to be then nothing could be done anyways and having a scan so early I didn't feel was something I needed to put myself through. I wasn't in severe pain or having bad cramps or losing a lot of fresh red blood. Nor was I experiencing any other symptoms of possible pregnany problems. I felt I knew my own body well enough to know if there was something more amiss.

I talked this all over with my GP who supported my decision and I took a couple of days off work after the second bleed and took it easy but kept busy, if you know what I mean. My spotting stopped, my pregnancy symptoms remained and a few weeks later I had my 12 week scan and all was well.

I admit what I chose to do is not for everyone. But it worked for me.

BTW congrats :) I guess the shock of a BFP can take a little while to get your head round so how you are feeling is totally natural. I'm around if you want to talk :hug:

I bled quite heavily from the day I got BFP right up until 14 weeks. At 7 weeks had a heavy bleed, it was like my waters breaking and soaked the trousers I was wearing. I had 6 scans in the first 12 weeks and baby is fine.

I bled once when I was in 1st tri - can't remember how many weeks though but was early on

I had spotting at 7 weeks and although it was an agonising wait, everything was fine at my 11 week scan. I hope everything is okay. :hug: :hug: :hug:

i had brown spotting with my 3rd, i was on the pill when i fell pregnant with him and all was ok. ive also had red spotting this time and all seems to be fine :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Had spotting whch sounds similar to yours brown sometimes red sometimes and no pains and went on to have a healthy boy in my first pregnancy. Both my miscarriages started with bright red blood and fairly heavy with lots of pains starting the second day. Everyone is different but spotting in early pregnancy is very common and unfortunately is one of those things you have to just wait and see with :hug:

I have had no spotting in my current pregnancy but when pregnant with my son, i spotted around the 6 week mark but was due to baby imbedding apparently. That was all i had though. x

ok- it seems to be directly related to sex- and the type of sex! :oops:

i had some DIY sex a couple of times last week before my BFP- before i came off prozac so it was quite hard work to O :oops: and each time i bled afterwards red bllod- thought maybe it was my fingernail got caught :oops:

well after yesterday having no spotting all evening my boyf and i had sex- he has a big one even for his size (6'3") and im only tiny and it was from behind (sorry tmi!) it was a little uncomfortable when it went in deep. theres quite a bit of red blood today. im scared :(

but no cramps- is this a good sign?

*EDIT* oh and should i stop having sex? :( just starting to enjoy it more again now im off prozac!

We were banned from sex until I'd had at least a month of no bleeding. It was a long time :lol: The general advice though is that if you have had a miscarriage or if you have early tri bleeding then you should avoid sex because it can cause further bleeding. In your case, you've obviously identified that it does, so you would need to consider giving it a rest for a while :(

Yep, we were banned from sex by the doc for the first 16 weeks as I bled so much :shock: .

Hi Trizipaws!
I had quite a bit of bleeding at 7 weeks and everything was fine, huge congrats on your BFP! I remember that you and I were pregnant at the same time, we re ttc at the moment, hoping for a xmas bfp

wishing you a hapy and healthy 9 months :hug:

Hi there babes. :wave:

Haven't been on for a while so just want to say a massive congrats. :hug:

I had a red/brown discharge/bleed at 7 weeks and 8 weeks. Every thing turned out just fine even though I was totally terrified.

As for the sex thing....We stopped. Not because we were advised to but because we were too scared to.

Hope you have a fantastic pregnancy. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back