5wks preg, brown spotting

Molliana

Reaction score
Hi. I am new here!
I had a m/c on 13th November 2008 at 4wks 6days. I am now 5wks pregnant as of today.
I started brown spotting on 12th Jan so now am still spotting after six days. The amount is enough to wear a panty liner but i barely need to change it. There has been no red or pink at all, just brown spotting. I have really sore boobs and my stomach feels quite tight (which is the best way I can describe it), I am also really really tired!
I phone the midwife three days ago. She told me to take baby aspirin 75mg, and just see what happens. She has booked me for a the usual home visit 8 weeks pregnant. At 7 weeks I am supposed to see my dr so that I can be booked in for a scan at the Early Pregnancy Unit so that i can let her know that I am still pregnant and she doesnt have a wasted visit!
To be honest, when I had my first m/c noone was that interested. EPU said on the telephone that there was no point in seeing them as I was so early and that i had to wait a week and if i still had a positive hpt then I should ring them back!
I was just wondering if:
1. Has anyone had brown spotting around the time their first period is due, and it lasted for at least six days?
2. Those of you who have had pregnancy hormone levels checked this early in their pregnancy, how did you get this done because noone seems to be offering me this or even caring that much??

Thank you in advance .... feeling a little alone .....
x

Hi and Welcome to the Forum :)

I have had brown spotting at this time and the result is my 2 year old :) I also had red blood and bled many times and each time lasted a week - 10 days.

To be totally honestly I can see where the EPU are coming from. At this stage they couldn't scan you as the results wouldn't be conclusive. But that doesn't rule out doing a quantitive hcg, but you could get this done at your dr. Ask the dr for this and you'll need 2 tests, 48 hours apart.

I hope everything goes well for you xx

Brown spotting early on - especially around the time your period is due - is very common. As Mamafy said you should be able to ask your doctor for quantitative hCG analysis too :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back