How many children?

When I was with OH I wanted 6, 4 of my own and then to foster and adopt. :)

i've always wanted to foster aswell! the girls dad was never keen on the idea so i stopped thinking about it, but it would be so amazing once they're all grown up and stuff

I think adoption and fostering is such a special thing, I personally don't think I could do fostering.. It would break my heart letting them go, but anyone who would be able to do it I really do admire

^:lolly:

Anyway missed the last part of this convo ...
i've always wanted to foster aswell! the girls dad was never keen on the idea so i stopped thinking about it, but it would be so amazing once they're all grown up and stuff
Your heart will never be broken as much as those children that just want someone to love them when they need it most even those kids with a hard tough shell need love ...

Theres different ways you can help as a foster carer.
Long term - It can mean until they are leave home age and can lead to adoption for some.
Short term - Depends on reasons circumstances
Emergency short term - Can be over night or until a suitable placement more permanant is found. Theres cases where the child needs emergency placements at all hours of the day getting one in the middle of the night can be a nightmare and the child is best in a home comforted by people who will care than the corner of the departments office or even police station office/tea room.

Think about it one day.

It would be rewarding even in the tough times because lets not butter it up there can be tough times based on the childs circumstances and effects of them.

I've been that child and I can say hand on heart although things went wrong I will always be grateful deep in my heart that they gave me a home and a family (brother and sister included). Made a difference to my life hat off to anyone who makes a difference to another.

I look forward to the day I start considering fostering.

I have three and would like 5 , My OH agreed to having 4 , and has most definately put his foot down to number 5!

I had my three at ages 25, 27 and 28 and wanted to be done by 30 like lots of you on here
I got to that stage .. oh is that it, all over, no more babies, now or never and should hold it at bay my mum says like she did and stopped at 3 ! But one more for me I think. MC last week has made me wobble again, is this the right thing to do, am I being selfish thing again.. but I'm sure I will go for it in the end! OH is right tho, one more is plenty for us.

Fingers crossed , anyone know any tips to have twins!! that would get past the OH!!!!

Last edited:
i was hoping for twins lol i know they would be hard work but every time i see tiny new born twins i could run away with them haha we have a few sets in the family but they never came to me :( but im happy ive got my one little pip in there.

I have always wanted 2 or 3. But hubby has always only wanted the one and so far he is winning :cry:I am totally desperate to have another, so have some serious persuading to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back